Stainless Steel Woven Mosquito Netting
0.57mm hole stainless steel mosquito netting is designed specifically to allow good airflow through an opening, whilst at the same time preventing midges and mosquitoes from getting through.
This mosquito netting mesh is light and affordable and ideal for this purpose.
Fly mesh made from stainless steel is ideal for keeping insects out. It is woven to produce small holes of 0.57mm x 0.57m. In light of the material’s flexibility, it may require a frame in order to add rigidity. Rolls are available in a range of widths and lengths that are suitable for diverse applications. For use on soffits or behind cladding, the 10 cm to 30 cm wide rolls are perfect. These wider rolls are ideal for producing insect screens, or for covering large areas such as roofs.
Wire Mesh Specification
The specifications of this stainless steel mosquito mesh are as below:
- Mesh Count = 30 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 900 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.28mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.57mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 45%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Can easily be cut with standard kitchen scissors. We suggest that you do the same
This mesh is also available in larger width sheets and rolls.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
Why Is This Mesh Good For Blocking Mosquitoes?
0.57mm stainless steel woven mesh is a good option for blocking mosquitos because the mesh size is small enough to prevent mosquitos from passing through while still allowing for adequate air flow. Mosquitos are relatively small insects, with a body length of approximately 3-6mm, and they typically have a wing span of around 6-8mm. Using a mesh with a hole that is less than 0.6mm may sound like overkill, but they are able to get through holes smaller than themselves with ease.
A 0.57mm is both mosquito and midge proof.
Additionally, stainless steel mesh is durable and can withstand exposure to harsh weather conditions and UV rays without deteriorating, which makes it a good choice for long-term mosquito control solutions. Stainless steel is also resistant to rust and corrosion, which can further extend the lifespan of the mesh.
Where Can I Use A Mesh Roll Of This Size?
A soffit vent mesh is typically used to provide ventilation to the attic or roof space of a building. We have written a detailed article on soffit vent mesh, which explains everything that you may need to know about this use for our material.
This mosquito mesh can be installed in various locations such as:
- Under the eaves of a roof – this is a common location for soffit vent mesh installation. The mesh is fitted into the soffit area under the eaves to allow air to flow into the attic or roof space.
- In gable vents – if your roof has a gable, you can install a mesh strip in the gable vent to allow for proper ventilation of the attic or roof space.
- In ridge vents – if your roof has a ridge vent, you can use mesh to prevent insects, birds, or other pests from entering the attic or roof space through the ridge vent.
Simply cut a strip as required from the roll. The widths are designed to be suited to fitting behind eaves, gable vents and soffit vents.
When Are Mosquitoes Most Common In The UK?
Mosquitoes are generally more common in warmer and wetter climates.
In the UK, the mosquito season typically runs from May to October, with the peak season being July and August when temperatures are warmer and there is more rainfall. During this time, mosquito populations tend to be higher, and the risk of mosquito-borne diseases may increase. This is when the mesh would be of most benefit.
What Insect Mesh Options Are There?
The Mesh Company specialise in many forms of insect mesh.
- Fibreglass insect mesh – This is a durable and long-lasting mesh that is resistant to UV radiation, and can be used in a variety of applications such as windows, doors, and porches. It is used for larger insects such as flies and wasps. We offer it in large sheet sizes and also smaller roll widths for soffits, gaps and vents. It is available in immediate stock in black, grey and white.
- Aluminium insect mesh – this mesh is lightweight, corrosion-resistant, and easy to install, making it a popular choice for use in screens, doors, and windows. Similarly. it is stocked in larger sheet options and small rolls. If needed for a large scale project it is available in 30m x 1.2m rolls.
- Stainless steel insect mesh – this is a durable and strong mesh that is resistant to corrosion and rust, making it a good option for use in harsh environments or for long-term use. The range encompasses mesh for larger insects like flies, and mosquitoes and midges. We carry every possible option, from full rolls, pre-cut smaller sheets and roll widths.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about stainless steel insect mesh for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about soffit vent mesh. This is a common use for insect mesh of all types.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.