Stainless Steel Mesh Wire
The Mesh Company is one of the leading suppliers of stainless steel mesh wire in the United Kingdom. Additionally, in addition to stocking only the best products, we provide the most helpful customer service by providing bespoke cutting and fast shipping.
We have made all of the random off-cut and clearance rolls available here so that you can grab a bargain. These rolls are perfect in quality and represent great value for money.
For any application that requires sturdy and reliable mesh, stainless steel mesh wire is the way to go. With heavy-duty options that can withstand high pressure and super fine mesh options that are perfect for filtering, there is a mesh option for every need. And if you’re looking to save some money, clearance rolls from stock are available at a discounted price, while still maintaining top quality. With a massive range of woven wire mesh specifications, you can be sure to find the perfect fit for your project. Plus, you can rest easy knowing that stainless steel mesh wire is durable and long-lasting, making it a reliable choice for any job.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
FAQs For This Product
What Is SS304 Grade?
SS304 is a non-magnetic stainless steel grade. Magnets will not stick to this grade of metal. In industry, this is the most common stainless steel grade. A huge variety of applications are possible with this product.
SS304 also has outstanding forming and welding characteristics.
This grade of stainless steel is austenitic. This means that when it is cool the iron element remains in the form of austenite (gamma iron). This is a phase of iron that is nonmagnetic.
Above all, 304 grade stainless steel is long lasting in almost all environments. For instance, this mesh would last for upwards of 20 years if used for standard internal applications.
How Is Woven Mesh Wire Manufactured?
Woven wire mesh is manufactured by weaving together individual wires in a crisscross pattern to create a flat, flexible mesh structure. The process of manufacturing woven wire mesh involves the following steps:
- Wire drawing: The first step in the manufacturing process is wire drawing. This involves pulling a metal rod or wire through a die to reduce its diameter to the desired size. The wire is then wound onto spools for use in the weaving process.
- Warp wire preparation: The warp wires are the wires that run lengthwise through the mesh. These wires are loaded onto a beam and fed through the weaving machine.
- Weaving: The weaving process involves interlacing the warp wires with the weft wires, which run crosswise through the mesh. The wires are fed through the weaving machine, which uses a series of shuttles or bobbins to interlace the wires in a crisscross pattern.
- Cutting and rolling: Once the weaving process is complete, the wire mesh is cut to the desired size and rolled onto spools or coils for storage or transport.
- Cleaning and finishing: The wire mesh may be cleaned and finished to remove any residual dirt, oil, or other contaminants that may be present. The mesh may also be coated or treated to improve its corrosion resistance or other properties.
We then check each mesh roll before it goes into stock.
The clearance rolls of this listing are those that have been left over from specific industrial jobs.
What Metal Mesh Specifications Are Available?
The standard specifications of stainless steel mesh wire that we offer are as follows:
Heavy Duty Mesh
- 3 x 1.6mm = 6.867mm / 65.78%
- 4 x 0.9mm = 5.45mm / 74%
- 4 x 1.2mm = 5.10mm / 64.50%
- 4 x 1.6mm = 4.75mm / 56%
- 5 x 1mm = 4mm / 64.50%
- 6 x 0.9mm = 3.33mm / 62%
- 6 x 1.2mm = 3mm / 50%
- 8 x 0.43mm = 2.75mm / 75%
- 8 x 0.71mm = 2.47mm / 60%
- 8 x 0.9mm = 2.28mm / 51%
- 10 x 0.56mm= 1.98mm / 60.77%
- 10 x 0.9mm= 1.64mm / 42%
- 12 x 0.34mm = 1.78mm / 70%
- 12 x 0.45mm = 1.67mm / 62%
- 12 x 0.56mm = 1.56mm / 54%
- 14 x 0.25mm = 1.56mm / 74%
- 14 x 0.45mm = 1.36mm / 57%
- 16 x 0.28mm = 1.31mm / 68%
- 16 x 0.355mm = 1.233mm / 60%
- 16 x 0.45mm = 1.138mm / 51%
- 16 x 0.4mm = 1.19mm / 55.96%
- 16 x 0.56mm = 1.028mm / 42%
- 18 x 0.45mm = 0.96mm / 46%
- 18 x 0.4mm = 1.01mm / 51%
- 20 x 0.36mm = 0.91mm / 51%
- 20 x 0.46mm = 0.81mm / 41%
- 20 x 0.4mm Twill = 0.87mm / 47%
- 20 x 0.5mm = 0.77mm / 37%
- 22 x 0.22mm = 0.94mm / 66%
- 24 x 0.355mm = 0.70mm / 44%
- 24 x 0.4mm = 0.66mm / 39%
- 26 x 0.15mm = 0.83mm / 72%
- 28 x 0.35mm = 0.56mm / 38%
- 30 x 0.16mm = 0.69mm / 66%
- 30 x 0.28mm = 0.57mm / 45%
- 32 x 0.28mm = 0.51mm / 42%
- 34 x 0.25mm = 0.497mm / 44%
- 36 x 0.25mm = 0.456mm / 42%
- 40 x 0.22mm = 0.42mm / 43%
- 44 x 0.22mm = 0.36mm / 38%
- 50 x 0.16mm = 0.328mm / 47%
- 50 x 0.19mm = 0.318mm / 39%
- 50 x 0.2mm = 0.308mm / 37%
- 51 x 0.14mm = 0.358mm / 52%
- 60 x 0.16mm = 0.263mm / 39%
- 70 x 0.14mm = 0.223mm / 38%
- 70 x 0.16mm = 0.203mm / 31%
- 80 x 0.14mm = 0.178mm / 31%
- 84 x 0.063mm = 0.239mm / 64%
- 84 x 0.09mm = 0.212mm / 49%
- 97 x 0.1mm = 0.162mm / 38%
- 98 x 0.08mm = 0.179mm / 48%
- 100 x 0.114mm = 0.14mm / 20%
- 100 x 0.1mm = 0.154mm / 37%
- 120 x 0.063mm = 0.149mm / 49%
- 130 x 0.043mm = 0.152mm / 61%
- 145 x 0.052mm = 0.123mm / 49%
- 150 x 0.065mm = 0.104mm / 38%
- 150 x 0.066mm = 0.103mm / 37%
- 160 x 0.03mm = 0.129mm / 66%
- 165 x 0.05mm = 0.104mm / 46%
- 180 x 0.03mm = 0.111mm / 62%
- 180 x 0.05mm = 0.091mm / 42%
- 200 x 0.04mm = 0.087mm / 47%
- 200 x 0.05mm = 0.077mm / 37%
- 230 x 0.028mm = 0.082mm / 56%
- 230 x 0.036mm = 0.074mm / 45%
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.