Stainless Steel Woven Soffit Insect Meshing
1.36mm hole stainless steel insect meshing is designed specifically to allow good airflow through an opening, whilst at the same time preventing flies, wasps and other winged creatures from getting through. Insect meshing made of stainless steel is an excellent, cost effective choice for any outdoor use. This material offers a much more resilient and longer lasting protection than traditional insect mesh due to the robustness of the stainless steel used. It doesn’t corrode or rust as easily as insect mesh made of regular steel, meaning your insect meshing will look great and be easily maintained for decades.
The mesh is light, affordable and ideal for this purpose.
Soffit Vent Mesh
The Mesh Company insect screen mesh can be used to seal up any holes, gaps, or vents in a property to prevent flying insects from entering your home or business. Our best selling option is the rolls for 75mm soffit vents. You will find these through this listing.
Stainless steel mesh is designed to keep out many forms of insect. Ideal for internal and external insect meshing applications, this light material is easy to install.
The Mesh Company woven stainless steel mesh offers a high level of protection against corrosion. Stainless steel is an alloy which is highly resistant to rusting and is therefore longer lasting than most other wire mesh types.
We offer a heavy duty stainless steel insect mesh screen for areas where people are likely to come into contact with it regularly, such as windows and doors. This mesh has a thicker wire for increased strength, which makes it the best choice for high traffic areas, and spaces that need additional rigidity.
We also offer a midge mesh if you require an insect mesh with an even smaller hole.
Wire Mesh Specification
The specifications of this stainless steel fly mesh are as below:
- Mesh Count = 16 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 256 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.23mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.36mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 73.80% (this is a rather high open area but the mesh is strong as the wires are so thick). The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Can easily be cut with standard kitchen scissors. We suggest that you do the same
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
Do UPVC Soffits Need Insect Meshing?
UPVC soffits are designed to provide a protective barrier against insects and other pests, so they typically do not require additional insect mesh. However, if there are existing openings or gaps in the soffit that could allow insects to enter, it may be necessary to install insect mesh to prevent infestations.
In general, it’s important to inspect soffits regularly for any signs of damage or wear that could compromise their effectiveness as a barrier against pests. This includes checking for any cracks, gaps, or holes that could allow insects or other pests to enter, and repairing or sealing up these openings as necessary.
If you do need to install insect mesh over your UPVC soffits, be sure to use a mesh with an appropriate mesh size and wire gauge to effectively prevent insects from getting through. The Mesh Company has designed this product size to be ideal for this requirement.
How Are These Insect Mesh Rolls Made?
Easy. We take a full roll of woven wire mesh (typically 30m x 1.2m) and we use our gang slitter to make the rolls sizes that are available here. It takes about 1 hour to slit down a full roll as required.
Does Insect Mesh Work?
Insect meshing works by creating a physical barrier that prevents insects and other pests from entering a space while still allowing air flow and visibility.
When installed properly over doors, windows, vents, and other openings, insect meshing can help keep pests out of homes, businesses, and other spaces, reducing the risk of infestations and the spread of diseases. Insect meshing is an effective and environmentally friendly solution for controlling insects and other pests without the use of harmful chemicals or pesticides.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about stainless steel insect mesh for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about soffit vent mesh. This is a common use for insect mesh of all types.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.