Black Fibreglass Fly Screens
This top quality European made fly screens provides excellent netting for soffit vents. This is ideally used to block air-bricks, soffit vents etc for insect deterrent. This mesh is light but it does prevent birds and insects from gaining entry into holes, nooks and crannies. The most common use for this light mesh is as a door or window screen fly mesh.
This type of mesh is often used to keep insects and flies out of homes, buildings, and other structures.
Fibreglass insect mesh is a popular choice because it is lightweight, easy to cut with scissors and install by hand, and resistant to damage from the elements. The black color of the mesh helps to reduce glare and create a more discreet appearance when installed on windows and doors.
When purchasing a roll of black fibreglass insect mesh, it is important to make sure that the dimensions and material are suitable for your specific needs. In addition to the width and length of the roll, you may also want to consider the mesh size (i.e. the size of the holes in the mesh) and the overall strength and durability of the material.
- Roll Size – 100mm Wide x 30 Metre Length
- Colour – Black
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 18 x 16 (rectangular)
- Wire Thickness = 0.28mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.13 x 1.31mm
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
Stainless steel, aluminium materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices. See our blogs for specific information on all of our various products.
White and grey fibreglass rolls are also available, if you prefer to use those colours however black is a useful colour especially for vent mesh as it doesn’t show up dirt as easy as white fibreglass would.
FAQs For This Product
Do Fly Screens Work?
Yes, fly screens can be an effective way to keep flies and other insects out of your home or building. Fly screens are designed to allow air to flow freely while keeping insects out. They work by creating a physical barrier that insects cannot pass through, using a mesh or netting material that is tightly woven enough to prevent even small insects from getting through.
Fly screens can be installed on soffits, windows, doors, and other openings to prevent insects from entering. They can be made from a variety of materials, including fibreglass, aluminium, stainless steel, and even polyester. Some types of fly screens also include features like magnetic closures or automatic retractable mechanisms to make them more convenient to use.
While fly screens can be effective at keeping insects out, it’s important to keep in mind that they may not be completely fool proof. Insects may still find their way inside through other means, such as open doors or gaps around windows. Additionally, some insects like mosquitoes may be able to get through certain types of mesh, so it’s important to choose a mesh size that is appropriate for the types of insects you are trying to keep out.
How To Clean Fly Screens
Cleaning fly screens is important to maintain their effectiveness in keeping insects out of your home or building. Here are some steps you can follow to clean your fly screens:
- Remove the screens: Take the fly screens off the windows or doors they are attached to. Depending on the type of screen, this may involve simply pulling it off the frame or using a screwdriver to remove screws holding it in place.
- Shake off loose debris: Take the screen outside and shake it to remove any loose debris like dirt, dust, and dead insects.
- Brush the screens: Use a soft-bristled brush or a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment to gently scrub the screen mesh and remove any remaining dirt or debris. Be careful not to scrub too hard, as this can damage the mesh.
- Wash the screens: Fill a large container or bathtub with warm water and a small amount of mild detergent or dish soap. Submerge the screens in the water and gently scrub them with a soft-bristled brush. Rinse the screens with clean water.
- Dry the screens: Let the screens air dry or use a clean towel to blot excess water. Make sure the screens are completely dry before reattaching them to the windows or doors.
- Reattach the screens: Put the screens back in place and make sure they are securely attached.
How To Repair Fly Screen
Over time, fly screens can become damaged, either from wear and tear, accidents, or exposure to the elements. Here are some steps you can follow to repair a damaged fly screen:
- Identify the damaged area: Look for holes, tears, or other damage to the fly screen. If the damage is small, you may be able to repair it without replacing the entire screen.
- Clean the area: Use a soft-bristled brush or a vacuum cleaner to remove any debris or dirt around the damaged area.
- Cut a patch: Cut a piece of screen mesh that is slightly larger than the damaged area. You can purchase screen patches at most hardware or home improvement stores, or you can use a piece of spare screen mesh if you have it.
- Apply adhesive: Apply a small amount of adhesive (such as super glue or hot glue) to the edges of the patch.
- Position the patch: Carefully position the patch over the damaged area and press it firmly into place.
- Let the adhesive dry: Allow the adhesive to dry completely before handling the screen.
Does Fly Mesh Attract Insects
Fly mesh, also known as insect mesh or bug screen, is designed to keep flies and insects out of your home or building. It is made of a tightly woven mesh material that is typically made of fibreglass, aluminum, or other synthetic materials. Fly mesh does not attract insects, but rather creates a physical barrier that prevents insects from entering.
While fly mesh does not attract insects, it can become dirty or clogged with dust or debris, which can reduce its effectiveness in keeping insects out. It is important to clean fly mesh regularly to remove any build-up of dirt or debris, which can also help to prevent the growth of mold or mildew that can attract insects.
Additionally, some insects like mosquitoes may be able to get through certain types of mesh, so it’s important to choose a mesh size that is appropriate for the types of insects you are trying to keep out. In general, smaller mesh sizes will be more effective at keeping out smaller insects, while larger mesh sizes may be more appropriate for larger insects like bees or wasps.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about fibreglass insect mesh for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
Fence posts and tools will need to be purchased separately.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
There are no reviews yet.