Heavy Duty Woven Wire Mesh
4mm hole heavy duty mesh in top quality 304 grade stainless steel made from 1mm wire. As you can see from the image, this is a heavy woven mesh specification. 4mm aperture is fairly large to be woven to form a mesh netting, as a consequence it requires a thick wire to produce.
Woven wire mesh is an incredibly versatile material, making it one of the most commonly used across commercial and industrial settings. It’s known for its impressive strength-to-weight ratio, making it easy to manipulate with any machinery required.
Its many holes provide excellent air circulation, but the 1mm wire thickness gives good strength and structural rigidity.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Mesh Count = 5 holes per linear inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 25 holes per square inch
- Wire Thickness = 1mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 4mm
- Open Area % = 64.50%
- Cut With – Tin snips, guillotine or angle grinder
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the woven wire mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
How Much Weight Can This Woven Wire Mesh Hold?
The weight capacity of a woven mesh with 4mm holes and a 1mm wire will depend on several factors, including the size of the mesh panel, the type and quality of the wire, and the distribution of weight.
In general, a woven mesh with 4mm holes and a 1mm wire is a relatively small and lightweight mesh, in terms of wire mesh specifications as a whole. In terms of woven wire sizes this is a heavy duty and strong specification.
As a general guideline, this stainless mesh wire may be able to support a load of up to several hundred pounds per square foot, depending on the size of the mesh panel.
Can Heavy Duty Mesh Be Used For Pest Proofing?
Yes, this 4mm hole stainless woven wire mesh can be used for pest proofing in certain applications. This would be somewhere overkill compared to the standard specifications that we recommend for rodent mesh, which are 1mm and 2mm hole. However, this mesh is really strong and would easily block all UK based rodents from getting through your gaps and vents.
How Do I Cut This Mesh?
We would use tin snips or wire cutters. Even then it requires some strength and effort to cut along the mesh.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.