Stainless Woven Wire Fly Mesh Screen
1.36mm hole stainless steel fly mesh screen is designed specifically to allow good airflow through an opening, whilst at the same time preventing flies, wasps and other winged creatures from getting through.
The mesh is light and affordable and ideal for this purpose.
Fly mesh made from stainless steel is ideal for keeping insects out. It is woven to produce small holes of 1.36mm x 1.36mm. In light of the material’s flexibility, it may require a frame in order to add rigidity. Rolls are available in a range of widths and lengths that are suitable for diverse applications. For use on soffits or behind cladding, the 10 cm to 30 cm wide rolls are perfect. These wider rolls are ideal for producing insect screens, or for covering large areas such as roofs.
We love this product. Our most popular option is the 100mm wide roll.
We offer a heavy duty stainless steel insect mesh screen for areas where people are likely to come into contact with it regularly, such as windows and doors. This mesh has a thicker wire for increased strength, which makes it the best choice for high traffic areas, and spaces that need additional rigidity.
We also offer a midge mesh if you require an insect mesh with an even smaller hole.
Wire Mesh Specification
The specifications of this stainless steel fly mesh are as below:
- Mesh Count = 16 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 256 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.23mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.36mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 73.80% (this is a rather high open area but the mesh is strong as the wires are so thick). The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Can easily be cut with standard kitchen scissors. We suggest that you do the same
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
Fibreglass, aluminium materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices. See our blog for specific information on all of our various
FAQs For This Product
Is Stainless Steel A Good Fly Mesh?
Yes, stainless steel is a good material for fly mesh. Stainless steel fly mesh is durable, long-lasting, and resistant to corrosion, making it a good choice for areas with high moisture or exposure to the elements. It is also resistant to damage from pests and UV radiation, which can cause other types of mesh to deteriorate over time.
Stainless steel fly mesh is available in a range of mesh sizes and wire gauges to suit different applications. It is typically more expensive than other types of mesh, but is also more durable and longer-lasting, making it a good investment for homeowners and businesses looking for a high-quality, low-maintenance solution to keep flies and other insects out.
One advantage of stainless steel fly mesh is that it is more rigid than other types of mesh, which can help it maintain its shape and prevent sagging over time. This can be particularly important in areas with high wind or where the mesh will be exposed to heavy use or wear.
Will Fly Mesh Block Spiders?
Fly mesh is designed to keep out flies and other small insects, but it may not be as effective at keeping out spiders. Spiders are larger than most flies and are capable of climbing and manoeuvring through small openings, so they may still be able to get through some types of fly mesh.
That being said, fly mesh with a tighter weave or smaller mesh size may be more effective at keeping out spiders, as well as other pests like mosquitoes and gnats. Additionally, there are some mesh products that are specifically designed to keep out a wider range of pests, including spiders. These products may have a tighter weave or additional features like a specialized coating or treatment that repels insects.
How Long Should Stainless Mesh Last?
The lifespan of 304 stainless steel can vary depending on a variety of factors, including the specific application, the quality of the steel, and the environmental conditions it is exposed to. However, in general, 304 stainless steel can be expected to last for at least 10-20 years, and often much longer with proper care and maintenance.
One of the key advantages of 304 stainless steel is its resistance to corrosion, which can help it maintain its appearance and structural integrity over time. 304 stainless steel is also relatively easy to clean and maintain, which can help prolong its lifespan.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about stainless steel insect mesh for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about soffit vent mesh. This is a common use for insect mesh of all types.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
There are no reviews yet.