White Fibreglass Insect Screens
This top quality European made insect screens also provides excellent netting for insect vents. This is ideally used to block air-bricks, soffit vents etc for insect deterrent. This mesh is light but it does prevent birds and insects from gaining entry into holes, nooks and crannies. The most common use for this light mesh is as a door or window screen fly mesh.
The mesh is made of fibreglass, a strong and flexible material that is resistant to tears, punctures, and other forms of damage. The white colour provides a clean and neutral appearance that can complement a variety of architectural styles however it can show up dirt much easier than grey or black fibreglass. The insect screens can be cut to size using scissors to fit specific openings, making it a versatile solution for preventing infestations. White fibreglass insect mesh is weather-resistant, low-maintenance, and easy to install, providing reliable protection against unwanted insects and other pests.
Check out our video demonstrating this insect mesh through our ever expanding Youtube channel.
The Mesh Company is a leading supplier of insect mesh solutions, offering a wide range of high-quality products that cater to different requirements and preferences.
vide effective protection against a wide range of insects, including flies, mosquitoes, and wasps, while still allowing for proper ventilation and visibility.
Our insect mesh range is suitable for both residential and commercial applications, such as windows, doors, and ventilation systems.
Additionally, we offer custom-made options to fit specific needs and dimensions. With a commitment to providing excellent customer service and quality products, The Mesh Company’s insect mesh range is a top choice for anyone looking for reliable insect protection solutions.
- Colour – White
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 18 x 16 (rectangular)
- Wire Thickness = 0.28mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.13 x 1.31mm
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
FAQs For This Product
What Is 100mm Soffit Mesh?
100mm fibreglass insect screens are a type of material that is used to prevent insects from entering through vents in soffits (the underside of eaves or overhangs) or other openings. 100mm refers to the width of the roll (10cm).
Fibreglass comes in rolls and is easy to cut with scissors and install, making it a convenient and cost-effective solution for keeping insects out of your home or building. It can be installed directly behind the slotted or perforated openings in soffits or other openings, effectively blocking the entry of insects while still allowing air to circulate freely.
When installing 100mm fibreglass soffit mesh, it’s important to ensure a tight fit around the perimeter of the opening to prevent insects from entering. It may also be helpful to use a sealant or other adhesive around the edges of the mesh to improve its durability and prevent insects from finding ways to get through.
Can I Bend Fibreglass Insect Mesh?
Yes, fibreglass insect mesh is a flexible material that can be bent or folded to fit certain shapes and curves. However, bending this mesh too far or too often can cause it to break or lose its shape over time. To bend fibreglass insect mesh, you will need to apply heat to soften it, then carefully shape it to fit your desired shape and allow it to cool and harden.
It’s important to note that bending fibreglass mesh too far or too often can cause it to weaken and become more prone to tearing or breaking. To minimize the risk of damage, it’s best to only bend fibreglass mesh as needed, and to handle it carefully to avoid applying too much pressure or bending it too far. If you’re unsure about how to bend fibreglass insect mesh, it may be best to seek the advice of a professional or to purchase pre-cut and shaped mesh that fits your needs.
How Do I Fix Fibreglass Soffit Mesh?
To fix fibreglass insect screens, you will need to follow these steps:
- Identify the damage: Inspect the fibreglass mesh to identify the extent of the damage. If the mesh is torn or has holes, you will need to patch or replace the affected area.
- Prepare the area: Clean the surface of the fibreglass mesh to remove any dirt, dust, or other contaminants that could affect the adhesion of the repair material.
- Obtain the necessary materials: You will need fibreglass mesh repair tape, scissors, and a strong adhesive such as a contact cement or silicone sealant.
- Cut a patch: Cut a piece of fibreglass mesh repair tape that is slightly larger than the damaged area.
- Apply adhesive: Apply a thin layer of adhesive to the back of the repair tape and to the surface of the damaged area.
- Apply the patch: Carefully position the repair tape over the damaged area, pressing it firmly into place to ensure good adhesion.
- Secure the edges: Use scissors to trim the edges of the repair tape so that it is flush with the surrounding mesh.
- Allow to dry: Allow the adhesive to dry completely, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Reinforce the repair: If desired, you can reinforce the repair by applying additional layers of mesh repair tape or by applying a coat of silicone sealant over the repair tape to provide added protection.
We recently published a detailed article on soffit vent mesh, which would be of great interest to anyone looking to prevent insects from gaining entry through this type of opening.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about fibreglass insect mesh for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.