Grey Fibreglass Insect Mesh for Cladding
This top quality European made insect mesh for cladding also provides excellent netting for soffit vents. This is ideally used to block air-bricks, soffit vents etc for insect deterrent. This mesh is light but it does prevent birds and insects from gaining entry into holes, nooks and crannies. The most common use for this light mesh is as a door or window screen fly mesh.
Grey fibreglass insect mesh soffit rolls are rolls of grey coloured fibreglass mesh used as a screening material to prevent flies and insects from entering the soffit (underside) of a building. The fibreglass material is durable, lightweight, and resistant to weathering, making it a popular choice for outdoor use. The mesh is available in rolls and can be cut to size using scissors and to fit the specific needs of a building’s soffit area.
Soffit vents are used to allow air to circulate through the attic or roof space of a building, and fibreglass insect mesh can be used to screen the openings to prevent insects from entering while still allowing air to flow through. However, it’s important to ensure that the mesh does not restrict the airflow too much, as this can lead to damp and condensation problems in the attic or roof space.
- Colour – Grey (natural)
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 18 x 16 (rectangular)
- Wire Thickness = 0.28mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.13 x 1.31mm
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
Stainless steel, aluminium materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices. See our blogs for specific information on all of our various options.
Black and white fibreglass rolls are also available, if you prefer to use those colours however grey is an ideal option as it doesn’t show up dirt as much as white fibreglass.
FAQs For This Product
Can Flies Get Through Insect Mesh?
Insect mesh or fly mesh is designed to prevent flies and other flying insects from entering a space, but it may not be 100% effective. If the mesh is not tight enough or if there are holes in the mesh, flies and other insects can still get through. Additionally, some species of flies are small enough to fit through the mesh holes. To maximize the effectiveness of insect mesh, it’s important to make sure the mesh is tight and in good condition, and to regularly check for holes or damage that may allow insects to get through.
Does Fly Mesh Attract Insects?
No. Fly mesh is a barrier to essentially filter out insects. It is designed to keep flies and insects out while allowing air flow and visibility. However, if the mesh is not tight enough or if there are holes in the mesh insects can still enter the space being protected. Additionally, if there are other attractants such as food or light sources nearby, insects may be drawn to the mesh even if it is in good condition. To minimize insect deterrent, it’s important to regularly check the mesh for holes or damage and to keep the surrounding area clean and free of attractants.
Is Fibreglass Mesh Flame Tested?
Fibreglass is often flame tested to assess its fire resistance properties. The test, known as a fire-resistance test, measures the ability of fibreglass to maintain its structural integrity and prevent the spread of fire when exposed to high temperatures. The test procedure typically involves exposing a sample of fibreglass to a standardized fire source for a specified period of time and then measuring the changes in the sample’s properties. The results of the test can help determine the appropriate use and fire safety ratings of fibreglass products, such as insulation or building materials. The specific fire-resistance test standards and procedures may vary depending on the country or region and the intended use of the fibreglass product.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about fibreglass insect mesh for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
Fence posts and tools will need to be purchased separately.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
There are no reviews yet.