Coarse Woven Stainless Steel Wire Mesh
1.19mm hole coarse woven stainless steel mesh in top quality 304 grade made from 0.4mm wire. As you can see from the image, this is a coarse mesh specification. This mesh is fairly coarse, but the holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a coarse for any application. You would be able to bend this mesh by hand very easily. Once bent it would hold its shape.
This 304 stainless steel woven wire mesh combines durability with versatility. This finely crafted mesh, designed with 16 holes per linear inch, results in an impressive 256 holes per square inch, offering a unique balance between permeability and security. Each wire exhibits a thickness of 0.4mm, ensuring the mesh remains robust and resilient against wear and tear. With an aperture size of 1.19mm and an open area percentage of 55.96%, it offers ample airflow while maintaining its protective barrier capabilities. Notably, the mesh is constructed from 304 stainless steel, a grade known for its corrosion-resistant properties, ensuring longevity even in challenging environments. Its adaptability goes further: it can be seamlessly tailored to specific requirements, easily cut using standard kitchen scissors or tin snips. Our recommendation is scissors for precise adjustments. Choose our stainless steel woven wire mesh for a product that epitomises strength, durability, and ease of use. Ideal for a myriad of applications, this mesh is a testament to superior craftsmanship and quality.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 16
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 256
- Wire Thickness = 0.4mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.19mm
- Open Area % = 55.96%
- Cut With – Tin snips or standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven gauze metal products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
How Does The 304 Grade Ensure Corrosion Resistance?
The 304 grade, often referred to as A2 stainless steel, is one of the most widely used stainless steel grades, primarily because of its excellent corrosion resistance. The corrosion-resistant properties of 304 stainless steel can be attributed to its specific chemical composition and the formation of a protective surface layer. Here’s how it works:
- Chromium Content: The primary element that imparts corrosion resistance to stainless steel is chromium. 304 stainless steel contains between 18-20% chromium. When exposed to oxygen, chromium reacts to form a thin, invisible oxide layer on the surface of the steel.
- Self-healing Passive Layer: This chromium oxide layer is termed a “passive layer,” and it’s incredibly thin yet durable. Most importantly, it’s self-healing. If scratched or damaged, the exposed steel will react with oxygen to repair itself, regenerating the oxide layer and thereby restoring its corrosion-resistant properties. This means that even if the surface is scratched or marred, the steel remains protected against corrosion.
- Nickel Content: 304 grade also contains 8-10.5% nickel, which further enhances its resistance to corrosion, especially in acidic environments. Nickel stabilises the austenitic structure of the steel, making it less susceptible to certain forms of corrosion and improving its mechanical properties.
- Resistance to a Range of Environments: The specific composition of 304 stainless steel ensures its resistance to a wide variety of corrosive environments, from domestic settings to industrial atmospheres. While it’s particularly resistant to oxidising acids, it also performs well in environments with a moderate amount of chloride, which can be particularly aggressive to metals.
How Is The Mesh’s Open Area Percentage Calculated?
The open area percentage of a mesh is a measure of how much of the mesh is open space as opposed to the material (in this case, wire). It provides an indication of the mesh’s transparency, airflow capability, and filtration potential. To calculate the open area percentage for a mesh:
- Determine the Area of a Single Opening: This is typically the hole size or aperture squared. If the holes are square, it’s simply the length of one side of the hole multiplied by itself (Aperture x Aperture). If the holes are rectangular, it would be the length multiplied by the width.
- Calculate the Area Occupied by the Wire for One Square: This involves determining the width of the wire and multiplying it by the distance between each wire (which includes the wire’s own width). This gives the area occupied by the wire for each square of the mesh.
- Subtract the Wire Area from the Total Area: The total area for one square of the mesh would typically be the sum of the hole area and the wire area. By subtracting the wire area from this total, you get the open area for one square of the mesh.
- Calculate the Percentage: To find the open area percentage, divide the open area by the total area and multiply by 100.
Mathematically, it can be represented as: Open Area %=(Open AreaTotal Area)×100
What Applications Is This Stainless Steel Woven Wire Mesh Suitable For?
There are a number of applications for The Mesh Company’s 304 stainless steel woven wire mesh. Because of its robustness and corrosion resistance, it is an ideal choice for security measures, such as window screens or protective barriers in various industrial environments. The filter’s aperture size of 1.19mm makes it an ideal candidate for filtration tasks, as it efficiently sifts larger particles while allowing smaller elements and liquids to pass through. This functionality has found its place in both industrial processes and domestic settings, such as in finely crafted sieves or strainers.
In addition, due to its resilience and design attributes, it is perfect for animal enclosures, ensuring a safe environment for pets while also ensuring ample ventilation. In addition to these uses, it has also found use in agriculture, especially in safeguarding plants and facilitating controlled growth. As a result, this mesh provides aesthetics, durability, and function for a broad range of applications.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.