Brass Filter Mesh
The Mesh Company is one of the leading suppliers of brass filter mesh in the United Kingdom. Additionally, in addition to stocking only the best products, we provide the most helpful customer service by providing bespoke cutting and fast shipping.
We have made all of the random off-cut and clearance rolls available here so that you can grab a bargain. These rolls are perfect in quality and represent great value for money.
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Chicken wire, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
What Are The Standard Brass Mesh Specifications?
The standard specifications of brass filter mesh that we offer are as follows:
- 8 x 0.63mm = 2.55mm / 64.25%
- 16 x 0.375mm = 1.21mm / 58%
- 30 x 0.28mm = 0.57mm / 45%
- 40 x 0.22mm = 0.42mm / 43%
- 60 x 0.16mm = 263mm / 39%
- 80 x 0.12mm = 0.180mm / 31%
- 100 x 0.05mm = 0.204mm / 65%
- 100 x 0.112mm = 0.142mm / 31%
What Are The Properties Of Brass Mesh?
Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc, while stainless steel is an alloy of iron, carbon, and chromium. You can easily tell the difference between brass and stainless steel by knowing their compositions. For instance, iron is the only metal that makes ferrous metals rust fast. In terms of corrosion resistance, copper is better than iron. Brass is more corrosion-resistant than stainless steel. The addition of chromium to steel makes a whole lot of difference to its ability to resist rust, but it is still susceptible to corrosion at some degree.
Brass is the cheapest and most efficient metal when it comes to thermal and electrical conductivity, as well as having a higher expansion coefficient, making it perfect for high temperature applications. It also has the best machinability, which makes it the most popular metal for applications that require small, precise metal pieces.
Stainless steel is a widely used, durable metal. It can resist most acids, apart from highly concentrated nitric acid. Despite this, it is more corrosive-resistant than brass in marine environments, and it can be passivated in either citric or nitric acid.
- Bending & Forming – Excellent. This wire mesh was produced using solid brass wire, this is light and flexible so it the finished structure is malleable
- Corrosion Resistance – Excellent. Brass will lose colour over time in certain conditions, but it will not rust as it contains no iron
- Filtration – Good. This specification was originally woven to be used as a filter mesh. It will filter out all particles that are 2.55mm or larger
- Welding – Possible. Providing you use an Argon and Carbon Dioxide mixture as shielding gas you can MIG welded brass mesh
- Painting – Good. Any type of permanent paint can be employed to cover brass mesh. However the holes are large in number, so paint may clog the aperture of the mesh
Is This Pure Brass?
This material is made of ‘pure’ brass. Brass is not actually a natural metal and is made up of 65% copper and 35% zinc It is yellow gold in colour, which many find to be a pleasing appearance, making it ideal for decorative purposes.
As a pure brass this product will become verdigris over time. Brass is a very soft metal, so it is easy to cut and form.
Alloys have been around for thousands of years, and have helped build and create many different things. There are many different alloys out there, but two of the most important and useful are brass and stainless steel.
These are both very useful in many different things, such as construction, transportation, machine building, and plumbing.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.