0.142mm Hole Brass Fine Wire Mesh Sheet
Brass fine wire mesh sheet is made from 0.11mm brass wire. This is top quality mesh that is especially suited to fine filtration and sieving.
Made from brass, this mesh offers a golden sheen that can enhance the look of any project. With 100 holes per linear inch, it provides a detailed mesh structure, ensuring a consistent and tight weave. The sheer fineness of the mesh is further accentuated by its specifications: it features a wire thickness of 0.112mm and a hole size or aperture of 0.142mm. This meticulous design results in a total of 10,000 holes per square inch. Such precision offers a mesh that’s not only visually pleasing but also highly effective in various applications.
The open area of the mesh stands at 31%, meaning the mesh strikes a balance between providing visibility and maintaining the structural integrity and functionality of its design. This makes it versatile for numerous applications, ranging from decorative pieces to filters in technical applications. One notable aspect of this mesh is its ease of manipulation. Its fine structure allows it to be cut using just the fingertips, showcasing its delicate nature while emphasizing its utility in intricate tasks.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 100
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 10,000
- Wire Thickness = 0.112mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.142mm
- Open Area % = 31%
- Cut With – We would cut this by using our fingertips alone
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Chicken wire, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted woven mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
Is Brass Mesh Resistant To Tarnishing?
Brass, as a material, has an inherent tendency to tarnish over time when exposed to the environment, especially in the presence of moisture and certain chemicals. Tarnishing is a natural patina that forms on the surface of brass due to the reaction between the copper content in brass and the atmospheric elements. It results in a muted, brownish-green layer that, for some applications, is aesthetically desirable but may not be in others.
However, the resistance to tarnishing can be influenced by various factors, some of which can be deduced from the product specifications:
- Hole Size / Aperture (0.142mm): The fine structure of this mesh, with small holes, means there’s less surface area exposed to environmental elements compared to coarser meshes. This might slightly delay the onset of tarnishing but won’t prevent it.
- Wire Thickness (0.112mm): The thinness of the wire used in the mesh can impact its resistance to deep tarnishing. A thinner wire might tarnish more uniformly due to its lesser volume.
- Open Area % (31%): A lower open area indicates a denser mesh. This density can provide some protection to the underlying surface but, in terms of tarnishing, it primarily affects the amount of brass exposed.
- Cutting Method: The fact that you can cut this mesh with your fingertips indicates its flexibility and fineness, which won’t have a direct impact on tarnishing but gives an idea of its delicate nature.
To enhance the resistance of brass mesh to tarnishing, it’s recommended to apply a protective coating or finish. This can prevent direct exposure of the brass to the elements that cause tarnishing. In addition, regular cleaning with a suitable brass cleaner can help maintain its luster and delay tarnishing.
Can Fine Wire Mesh Be Used For Filtration Purposes?
Yes. Fine wire mesh, especially the one made of brass, is often used for oil filtration purposes. Its tightly woven structure effectively separates contaminants from the oil, ensuring a cleaner flow and better performance.
Can Brass Mesh Be Used In Electrical Projects?
Yes, brass mesh can be used in electrical projects. Brass, being a conductive material, can serve various purposes in electrical applications, including grounding and shielding against electromagnetic interference. However, it’s essential to ensure the specific requirements of the project align with the properties of brass mesh.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about brass wire mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.