0.18mm Hole Fine Brass Mesh Filter
Fine brass mesh filter sheet is made from 0.18mm brass wire. This is top quality mesh that is especially suited to fine filtration and sieving. Brass mesh filters are a highly efficient and reliable way to filter out unwanted particles from liquids or gases. Made of pure brass, brass mesh filters provide exceptional corrosion-resistance and heat endurance, allowing them to be used in challenging environments or extreme temperatures with consistent performance
The brass mesh filter is a meticulously crafted product designed to meet the precision needs of various applications. Made from a woven brass wire mesh, it offers a delicate balance of permeability and strength. The mesh features 80 holes per linear inch, translating to a dense 6,400 holes per square inch. With a wire thickness of 0.12mm and a hole size of 0.180mm, it provides an open area of 31%. This characteristic ensures that while the mesh acts as an effective filter, it still maintains a fair amount of openness for air or liquid passage. One of the standout features of this mesh is its user-friendly nature. It’s so finely crafted that adjustments can be made easily using just a pair of scissors. Whether it’s for industrial filtration purposes or a specialised craft project, this brass mesh filter offers durability, precision, and ease of use in one package.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 80
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 6,400
- Wire Thickness = 0.12mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.180mm
- Open Area % = 31%
- Cut With – Scissors. We would use scissors
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Chicken wire, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
Is Brass A Pure Metal?
Brass is not a pure metal, but rather an alloy made from a combination of copper and zinc. The exact composition of brass can vary depending on the specific application and desired properties, but typically brass contains between 60-90% copper and 10-40% zinc, with small amounts of other metals such as lead, tin, or aluminium added for specific purposes.
How Fine Is This Filter Mesh?
This is a relatively fine mesh, suitable for applications that require precise filtration and separation of particles or debris. We offer a finer brass mesh with a 0.05mm wire, but this is a far softer weave structure and may not be as good for filtration under pressure.
Our finest wire mesh option has 500 holes per inch and an aperture of 25 microns.
What Is The mm To Micron Conversion?
Micron (μm) is a unit of measurement used to express very small distances, equivalent to one millionth of a meter. Here is the conversion factor from millimetres (mm) to microns:
1 millimetre = 1000 microns
Therefore, to convert millimetres to microns, you can simply multiply the value in millimetres by 1000. For example, if you have a value of 5 mm, you can convert it to microns using the following formula:
5 mm x 1000 = 5000 microns
So the hole of this brass mesh of 0.18mm is equivalent to 180 microns.
What Is Brass Used To Filter?
Some examples of substances that our customers effectively filtered through brass mesh include:
- Oil and fuel: Brass mesh is commonly used in the automotive and aerospace industries for fuel and oil filtration, as it can effectively remove particles and debris from these fluids.
- Water: Brass mesh can be used to filter water in a range of applications, including in aquariums, pools, and water treatment systems. Marine grade Stainless steel is preferable in general for water based filtration.
- Air: Brass mesh is also used in air filtration systems to remove fine particles, dust, and other contaminants from the air.
- Chemicals: Brass mesh can be used to filter a range of chemicals, including acids and alkalis, in chemical processing and manufacturing applications.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about brass wire mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.