0.42mm Hole Coarse Wire Brass Mesh
0.42mm hole coarse wire brass mesh is made from solid brass wire. This is top quality mesh that is especially suited to interior decorative panelling. You will find this metal mesh to be of interest if you require tough product for a filtration application. This coarse mesh is produced from top quality brass wire. Ideal to produce a fine mesh strainer.
Due to the thin wire diameter of this 0.42mm hole brass mesh would not be suitable rodent proofing or for use as insect mesh.
Cutting would require the use of kitchen scissors or tin snips. We cut this thickness of mesh using scissors.
Brass contains little and as a consequence it do not rust, but it does react to oxygen. Brass is not a natural metal, but is an alloy of copper, zinc, and other elements, which also resists corrosion.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Mesh Count = 40 holes per linear inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 1,600 holes per square inch
- Wire Thickness = 0.22mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.42mm
- Open Area % = 43%
- Cut With – We would cut this with kitchen scissors
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Chicken wire, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted woven mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
Can Brass Mesh Be Used For EMI Shielding?
EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) shielding can be accomplished with brass wire mesh. Due to its excellent conductivity, brass is effective at reducing the effects of electromagnetic interference. There is a high density of wires in the 40 mesh count, which creates a finer weave that can provide good EMI shielding.
The specifics of your application must, however, be considered. Mesh shielding for EMI depends on factors such as the frequency range and the physical environment in which it will be used. Copper, an even better electrical conductor than brass, is also commonly used for EMI shielding, despite brass’ effectiveness.
We recently published a blog article dedicated entirely to this application.
What Is Brass Mesh Used For?
Some common uses of brass mesh include:
- Filter screens: Brass mesh is commonly used as a filter screen in a variety of industries, including aerospace, automotive, and chemical processing. Its fine structure allows it to filter out small particles while still allowing liquids or gases to pass through.
- Decorative applications: It can be used for decorative purposes, such as in architectural design, interior design, and jewellery making.
- Industrial applications: It is used in industrial applications where high strength and durability are required, such as in the construction of machinery, equipment, and industrial screens.
- Insect screens: Brass mesh is sometimes used as an insect screen to keep pests out of buildings or homes. Its strong and durable material can withstand harsh weather conditions and repeated use, making it a reliable option for keeping insects at bay. Stainless and aluminium materials are more commonly used for this purpose however.
Can I Fold This Mesh?
Yes this mesh can be easily manipulated and when it is folded it will hold its shape.
Is This Available In Other Metals?
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about brass wire mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.