Brass Heavy Duty Decorative Wire Mesh
2.5mm hole brass heavy duty decorative mesh is made from solid brass wire. This is top quality mesh that is especially suited to interior decorative panelling. Decorative wire mesh offers the perfect decorative solution for architects and interior designers, as it is an attractive yet robust material with high levels of flexibility.
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Chicken wire, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Mesh Count = 8 holes per linear inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 64 holes per square inch
- Wire Thickness = 0.63mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 2.55mm
- Open Area % = 64.25%
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with tin snips. We suggest that you do the same
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
Is This Pure Brass?
This material is made of ‘pure’ brass. Brass is not actually a natural metal and is made up of 65% copper and 35% zinc It is yellow gold in colour, which many find to be a pleasing appearance, making it ideal for decorative purposes.
As a pure brass this product will become verdigris over time. Brass is a very soft metal, so it is easy to cut and form.
Alloys have been around for thousands of years, and have helped build and create many different things. There are many different alloys out there, but two of the most important and useful are brass and stainless steel.
These are both very useful in many different things, such as construction, transportation, machine building, and plumbing.
What Is The Composition?
Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc, while stainless steel is an alloy of iron, carbon, and chromium. You can easily tell the difference between brass and stainless steel by knowing their compositions. For instance, iron is the only metal that makes ferrous metals rust fast. In terms of corrosion resistance, copper is better than iron. Brass is more corrosion-resistant than stainless steel. The addition of chromium to steel makes a whole lot of difference to its ability to resist rust, but it is still susceptible to corrosion at some degree.
Brass is the cheapest and most efficient metal when it comes to thermal and electrical conductivity, as well as having a higher expansion coefficient, making it perfect for high temperature applications. It also has the best machinability, which makes it the most popular metal for applications that require small, precise metal pieces.
Stainless steel is a widely used, durable metal. It can resist most acids, apart from highly concentrated nitric acid. Despite this, it is more corrosive-resistant than brass in marine environments, and it can be passivated in either citric or nitric acid.
How Can I Maintain Brass Woven Wire Mesh?
Brass woven decorative wire mesh can be cleaned using a mild soap and water solution. Use a soft brush or cloth to gently scrub the mesh, taking care not to damage the wires. Rinse the mesh thoroughly with clean water and allow it to dry completely before reinstalling.
Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials to clean brass woven wire mesh, as these can damage the finish and weaken the wires. Instead, use a mild cleaning solution that is safe for use on brass.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.