1.21mm Hole Brass Coarse Wire Mesh For Sieves
1.21mm hole brass coarse wire mesh is made from solid brass wire and is ideal for sieves. This is top quality mesh that is especially suited to interior decorative panelling.
The 1.21mm Hole Brass Coarse Wire Mesh for Sieves by The Mesh Company is a popular material that is ideal for precision sieving in various industries. With 0.375mm wire and 16 LPI, it offers exceptional accuracy in particle separation, making it ideal for pharmaceuticals, agriculture, food processing, and materials testing. The brass material ensures corrosion resistance and durability, reducing maintenance costs. Its versatility allows for applications in pharmaceutical manufacturing, agriculture, food processing, and material testing. The Mesh Company’s commitment to quality and innovation further enhances the product’s value.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Mesh Count = 16 holes per linear inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 256 holes per square inch
- Wire Thickness = 0.375mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.21mm
- Open Area % = 58%
- Cut With – We would cut this with kitchen scissors
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Chicken wire, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted woven mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
How Does The 0.375mm Wire Thickness Impact The Mesh’s Flexibility?
The 0.375mm wire thickness impacts the mesh’s flexibility in such a way that it strikes a balance between rigidity and pliability. As a result of this thickness, the wire mesh is strong enough to maintain its form and resist deformation under pressure. At the same time, it remains thin enough to allow some flexibility. Due to its flexibility, the mesh can be bent and shaped to a certain extent without breaking. The thinner the wire, the more flexible the mesh would be, but it might also be less durable. Conversely, a thicker wire would make the mesh stiffer and more durable, but less flexible.
How Is Coarse Wire Mesh Manufactured?
The 16 LPI (Lines Per Inch) Brass Coarse Wire Mesh is typically manufactured through a process known as wire weaving. Here is a simplified description of the process:
- Wire Drawing: Brass wires are first drawn to the desired thickness, in this case, 0.375mm. This is done by pulling the brass wire through a series of progressively smaller dies until the wire reaches the correct diameter.
- Weaving: The drawn wires are then woven together using industrial looms. For a 16 LPI mesh, 16 brass wires per inch are woven in each direction (vertically and horizontally) to create a mesh. The process is similar to weaving cloth, where the wires are interlaced to form a grid structure.
- Inspection & Finishing: Once the brass wire mesh is woven, it goes through an inspection process to ensure there are no defects and that it meets the required specifications, including the 16 LPI mesh count. The edges of the wire mesh may then be finished, depending on the end-use requirements.
- Cutting: Finally, the wire mesh is cut into the required sizes and prepared for packaging and shipping.
Can Brass Wire Mesh Be Used For Outdoor Applications?
It is possible to use the brass wire mesh for outdoor applications. Brass, being an alloy of copper and zinc, possesses inherent corrosion resistance, especially against weather elements. Due to its weather-resistant characteristics, it can be used in outdoor environments where it may be exposed to the elements.
However, over time and depending on the specific environmental conditions (like saltwater exposure), the brass mesh may develop a patina or tarnish. This is a natural process and does not generally affect the structural integrity or performance of the mesh. In fact, some people prefer the aged look of the patina.
What Is The Expected Lifespan Of Brass Coarse Wire Mesh?
If you do not know the specific application and environmental conditions in which the brass coarse wire mesh will be used, it is difficult to estimate the expected lifespan.
Brass wire mesh is generally durable and corrosion-resistant, which contributes to its longevity. With proper maintenance, brass wire mesh could last several years under average conditions. Its lifespan can be shortened by exposure to the elements, chemical substances, physical abrasion, or high-stress applications.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about brass wire mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.