Stainless Steel Insect Screen Mesh
1.23mm hole coarse woven insect screen mesh in top quality 304 grade made from 0.355mm wire. As you can see from the image, this is a coarse mesh specification. This mesh is fairly coarse, but the holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a coarse for any application. You would be able to bend this mesh by hand very easily. Once bent it would hold its shape.
We also offer a midge mesh if you require an insect mesh with an even smaller hole.
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
Wire Mesh Specification
The specifications of this stainless steel insect screen mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 16
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 256
- Wire Thickness = 0.355mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.23mm
- Open Area % = 60%
- Cut With – Tin snips or standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size
We would cut this mesh with standard scissors. The mesh that we have used in this simple guide video has a similar size hole.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
What Size Mesh Keeps Bugs Out?
The size of the woven mesh required to keep bugs out depends on the type of insects that you are trying to keep out. In general, the mesh size should be small enough to prevent the insects from passing through while still allowing for adequate air flow. This is why our range of insect mesh is so popular.
Here are some common mesh sizes for insect screen mesh and the type of insects they can keep out:
- 18 x 16 mesh: This mesh size has 18 wires per inch in one direction and 16 wires per inch in the other direction, which creates rectangular openings of approximately 1.31mm x 1.13mm. This size of mesh can keep out mosquitoes, flies, bees, wasps, and other common insects. We stock it in affordable aluminium and fibreglass options.
- 16 mesh: This mesh size has 16 wires per inch in both directions, which creates square openings of approximately 1mm x 1mm. This size of mesh can keep out smaller insects such as gnats, no-see-ums, and sand flies. We offer this stainless steel and galvanised steel options. Both are long lasting and have a lifespan of around 25 years in the right conditions.
- 30 mesh: This mesh size has 30 wires per inch in both directions, which creates square openings of approximately 0.6mm x 0.6mm. This size of mesh can keep out very small insects such as thrips and parasitic wasps. We also stock this mesh in stainless steel and galvanised steel.
Does This Insect Screen Mesh Block UV Rays?
Stainless steel insect screen mesh with a 1mm hole size can partially block UV rays but it is not 100% effective in blocking them. The amount of UV radiation that is blocked depends on the thickness of the mesh, the specific alloy of the stainless steel, and the amount and wavelength of the UV radiation.
Generally, stainless steel mesh can block about 30-50% of UV radiation, which can be helpful in reducing the amount of UV rays that enter through windows and doors. However, if UV protection is a primary concern, there are other materials such as UV-resistant fiberglass or PVC-coated polyester mesh that are more effective at blocking UV rays.
Is This Mesh Suitable For Outdoor Use?
Yes, stainless steel insect mesh is suitable for outdoor use. Stainless steel is a highly durable and corrosion-resistant material that can withstand exposure to harsh weather conditions, moisture, and UV radiation without deteriorating or rusting. We suggest using 316 grade if your mesh is going to be used in coastal, marine or food grade applications.
Stainless steel insect mesh is commonly used in a variety of outdoor applications such as windows, doors, porches, and patios to prevent insects and pests from entering while allowing for proper air flow. Additionally, stainless steel insect mesh is easy to clean and maintain, which can help to prolong its lifespan and keep it looking new.
What Is The Return Policy For The Insect Screen Mesh?
We have a 28 day returns policy for all materials as long as they’re unused.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about stainless steel insect mesh for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about soffit vent mesh. This is a common use for insect mesh of all types.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.