Galvanised Wire Mesh Roll
This is a top quality 0.57mm hole coarse galvanised steel wire mesh roll. This mesh has a high wire content in relation to the hole size. Consequently it is tough and useful for filtration against pressure.
Our galvanised steel woven wire mesh roll offers a sturdy yet flexible solution for a variety of applications. Made from durable galvanised steel, the mesh features a mesh count of 30 holes per linear inch, equating to 900 holes per square inch. Each wire has a thickness of 0.28mm, although intersections where wires meet are slightly thicker. The mesh’s square holes, or apertures, measure 0.57mm from wire to wire. What sets this mesh apart is its 45% open area, making it particularly useful where airflow or drainage is essential. This high open area percentage, combined with its consistent hole size, ensures both function and uniformity. While robust, the mesh can be easily cut with tin snips, allowing for customisation in its use. Whether for gardening, crafting, or filtration, this wire mesh roll is both reliable and versatile.
Below are the specifications of this galvanised steel wire mesh roll:
- Mesh Count = 30 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 900 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.28mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.57mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 45%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is. This is a very high open area%
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with tin snips. We suggest that you do the same
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Galvanised Steel Mesh
Is This Wire Mesh Suitable For Filtration Applications?
Yes, the galvanised steel woven wire mesh roll is indeed suitable for filtration applications. As a result of its consistent hole size, or aperture, of 0.57mm, it ensures uniform particle filtration throughout its expanse. Since the mesh’s uniformity ensures effective particulate separation, it is ideal for applications that require specific particulate separation. Additionally, its durable construction ensures long-lasting performance even in conditions that require consistent filtration.
How Do I Secure The Wire Mesh Roll In Place?
Securing the galvanised steel woven wire mesh roll in place depends on its intended use and where you want to install it. Here’s a general guide:
- Surface Preparation: Make sure the surface where you’ll be securing the mesh is clean and free from debris.
- Cutting to Size: Measure and mark the required dimensions on the mesh. Use tin snips to cut the mesh roll accordingly.
- For Framed Installations:
- If you’re securing the mesh to a frame (like a wooden frame), start by stretching the mesh across the frame’s surface.
- Use U-shaped nails or staples to affix the mesh onto the frame at regular intervals. Make sure to pull the mesh taut to keep it from sagging.
- For Wall Installations:
- If you’re attaching the mesh to a wall, use appropriate wall anchors or screws. For added support, you can use washers with the screws to distribute the pressure and hold the mesh firmly.
- For masonry or brick walls, you might need to drill pilot holes and use wall plugs before screwing in.
- For Ground Installations:
- If using the mesh on the ground (e.g., for gardening purposes), simply unroll the mesh and cut it to the desired size.
- Use ground stakes or U-shaped garden pins to secure the mesh at regular intervals.
- For Crafting or Decorative Uses:
- Use strong adhesive suitable for metal, or tie the mesh with wire or zip ties to secure it.
- To keep the mesh taut and in place, especially for larger installations, consider using tensioning devices or wires.
Why Choose Galvanised Wire Mesh Over Stainless Steel?
When weighing the benefits of galvanised wire mesh against stainless steel, several advantages emerge for the former. In the first place, galvanised wire mesh offers a budget-friendly alternative without compromising on quality. As a result of the galvanisation process, steel is coated with a protective layer of zinc, increasing its resistance to rust and corrosion. Especially in outdoor settings or moisture-rich environments, this zinc barrier not only shields the steel, but also prolongs the mesh’s life. In addition, galvanised steel’s malleability makes it a better choice for projects requiring flexibility in shaping, bending, or custom fitting.
In addition to its adaptability, the mesh’s durability makes it suitable for a variety of applications, from construction to crafts. Compared to stainless steel, galvanised mesh requires little maintenance due to its zinc coating, which prevents potential tarnishing.
However, as with any material choice, the selection between galvanised and stainless steel should be tailored to the project’s specific requirements, environmental factors, and budgetary constraints. They are both suited to a variety of applications due to their unique characteristics.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.