Stainless Steel Woven Insect Mesh Midge Net
0.42mm hole stainless steel midge net is designed specifically to allow good airflow through an opening, whilst at the same time preventing midges and mosquitoes from getting through.
With stainless steel midge mesh, you can now enjoy unparalleled midge protection in the home. This midge netting is designed to be flexible and easily conformable for versatile applications. It is composed of strong stainless steel, so it has superior durability and long-term corrosion resistance, making it the ideal choice for midge protection in gaps and vents Moreover, stainless steel midge mesh is easy to use and requires minimal maintenance to keep it in long lasting condition.
Wire Mesh Specification
The specifications of this stainless steel mosquito mesh are as below:
- Mesh Count = 40 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 1,600 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.28mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.57mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 43%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Can easily be cut with standard kitchen scissors. We suggest that you do the same
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
What Are The Benefits Of Stainless Midge Net Behind Soffit Vents?
- Protection from insects: The primary purpose of using a stainless steel midge mesh behind a soffit vent is to prevent insects, such as midges and other small insects, from entering the building through the vent.
- Durability: Stainless steel is a durable material that can withstand exposure to the elements and is resistant to corrosion, making it a suitable material for use in outdoor applications such as soffit vents.
- Low maintenance: Unlike other materials, such as plastic or aluminium, stainless steel midge mesh does not require frequent cleaning or replacement, making it a low-maintenance option for soffit vents.
What Size Holes Block Midges In Scotland?
The size of the mesh in a midge net used in Scotland will depend on the species of midges that are present in the area. Midges are a type of small, biting insect that are commonly found in Scotland.
We recommend a mesh size of 0.5mm or smaller is typically effective in keeping out midges. However, the exact mesh size needed will depend on the specific species of midges present and the conditions of the environment.
What Is The Most Common Size Of Midge?
The most common species of midge in Scotland is the Highland Midge (Culicoides Impunctatus). This species is a small, biting insect that is found in many parts of Scotland, particularly in rural and coastal areas. Highland Midges are known for their swarming behaviour and their tendency to bite humans and other mammals, causing discomfort and irritation.
Highland Midges are most active during the summer months and are typically most abundant in the early evening and at dawn. They are particularly prevalent in areas with high humidity, such as near rivers, lochs, and coastal regions.
Our mesh works very well to prevent them from getting access to your property through gaps and vents.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about stainless steel insect mesh for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about soffit vent mesh. This is a common use for insect mesh of all types.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.