Galvanised Steel Fly Screen Mesh
1.23mm hole heavy duty galvanised steel fly screen mesh made from 0.355mm wire. This fly screen mesh is known to be highly durable and long-lasting, so you won’t have to make frequent replacements or repairs. Plus, it’s been treated with a special galvanised finish that gives the fly screen mesh superior resistance to rust, corrosion and even those pesky household pests. Its secure construction makes it easy to install on any door or window and its tight weave of galvanised steel strands offer exceptional protection against flying insects and other airborne threats.
We also cut aluminium mesh using our slitting machine into smaller width soffit vent mesh rolls. These can be purchased through our insect mesh section.
- Mesh Count = 16 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 256 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.355mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.23mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 60%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is. This is a very high open area%
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with tin snips. We suggest that you do the same
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
Fibreglass, stainless materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices. See our blog for specific information on all of our various
FAQs For This Fly Screen Mesh
Do Fly Screens Work?
Yes, fly screens work very effectively to keep out insects and other small animals while still allowing fresh air and light to flow through windows and doors. The mesh used in fly screens is tightly woven to block entry to insects, while still allowing air to circulate freely.
Fly screens can help to prevent common insects such as mosquitoes, flies, and wasps from entering homes and other buildings. This can help to reduce the risk of insect-borne diseases, as well as prevent annoying insect bites and stings.
While fly screens are not completely impenetrable and may not stop very small insects such as gnats, they are highly effective at keeping out larger insects such as flies and mosquitoes.
Why Choose Galvanised Steel Fly Screen Mesh?
Galvanised steel fly screen mesh is a popular choice for making fly screens because it is strong, durable, and resistant to rust and corrosion. The steel wire used in the mesh is coated with a layer of zinc, which provides protection against rust and corrosion, making it ideal for use in outdoor environments or areas with high humidity.
Galvanised steel fly screen mesh is also strong enough to withstand damage from pets and other animals, as well as provide a good barrier against larger insects such as wasps and bees.
In addition to its strength and durability, galvanised steel fly screen mesh is also relatively easy to maintain and clean. It can be cleaned with soap and water, and is resistant to damage from UV radiation and exposure to the elements.
How Long Should It Last?
The lifespan of galvanised steel fly screen mesh can vary depending on a number of factors, including the quality of the mesh, the environment in which it is used, and how well it is maintained. However, in general, galvanised steel fly screen mesh is known for its durability and can last for many years with proper care.
Galvanised steel fly screen mesh is resistant to rust and corrosion, which helps to extend its lifespan, even in harsh outdoor environments. However, it is still important to clean and maintain the mesh regularly to ensure that it continues to function properly.
If you have a requirement for a long, thin strip of fly screen mesh, then you may be interested in our blog about soffit vent mesh. This is a common use for insect mesh of all types.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
Fence posts and tools will need to be purchased separately.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
There are no reviews yet.