Coarse 316 Marine Stainless Steel Mesh
0.87mm hole coarse 316 marine stainless steel mesh in top quality 316 grade. The image demonstrates that this is a coarse woven mesh specification. 0.70mm aperture is a great size to be woven mesh, as a consequence it creates a solid structure that can be used for filtration and sieving.
When it comes to selecting a mesh for marine applications, durability and corrosion resistance are top priorities. The 0.87mm Hole Coarse 316 Marine Stainless Steel Mesh offered by The Mesh Company is designed to meet these criteria. With a Mesh Count of 20 holes per linear inch and 400 holes per square inch, this mesh offers a balanced combination of strength and open area. The Wire Thickness of 0.4mm provides additional sturdiness, with double wires at junctions to reinforce the structure. The Hole Size of 0.87mm ensures fine filtration while still maintaining an Open Area of 47%, enough to allow for water flow. For any project requiring a sturdy marine stainless steel mesh, this product from The Mesh Company is a top choice.
Wire Cloth Specification
Below are the specifications of this fine wire mesh:
- Mesh Count = 20 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 400 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.4mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.87mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 47%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with kitchen scissors. We suggest that you do the same
This woven mesh can be used as a sieve to filter out any particle that you require larger than 0.70mm.
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheet in application is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
Copper, brass, black, and galvanised steel wire mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices. See our blog for specific information on all of our various material options.
FAQs For This Product
What Does The ‘316’ In 316 Marine Stainless Steel Mesh Indicate?
‘316’ refers to the type of stainless steel used in the mesh. 316 stainless steel is a grade of steel that has added molybdenum, which gives it increased resistance to corrosion and pitting, especially in chloride environments like marine or chemical industrial conditions.
Can The Mesh Be Cut To Specific Dimensions?
Yes, the mesh can usually be cut to specific dimensions using suitable tools. It’s always important, however, to take safety precautions such as wearing gloves and eye protection when cutting the mesh.
Is This Type Of Mesh Magnetic?
316 stainless steel is generally considered non-magnetic, although it may have minor magnetic properties compared to regular steel or other types of stainless steel.
Can This Mesh Be Used For Filtration?
Yes, given the small hole size of 0.87mm, this mesh can be used for various filtration purposes, including liquid and gas filtering.
Check out our blog ‘the benefits of using 316 grade stainless steel for food grade applications for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.