Coarse 316 Marine Stainless Steel Mesh
0.87mm hole coarse 316 marine stainless steel mesh in top quality 316 grade. The image demonstrates that this is a coarse woven mesh specification. 0.70mm aperture is a great size to be woven mesh, as a consequence it creates a solid structure that can be used for filtration and sieving.
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes. We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Chicken wire, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
316 is the stainless steel grade of choice for the food and marine industries.
SS316 is a molybdenum bearing grade, and as such it offers better corrosion resistance. It has a slightly higher resistance to heat than the industry standard 304 grade.
316 stainless steel mesh is used for many popular applications. The main being food preparatory equipment, boat fittings, laboratory benches, coastal architectural panels and railings. Feel free to message us if you need advice on which mesh to use for your application.
Composition – C 0.08, Mn 2.0, Si 0.75, P 0.045, S 0.030, Cr 18.0, M 3.0, Ni 14, N 0.10
Below is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this type of wire mesh:
- Bending & Forming – Poor. You could only bend this mesh with bending tools but not by hand
- Corrosion Resistance – Excellent. 316 grade stainless steel is ideal for marine and aquatic applications
- Heat Resistance – Good. 316 grade stainless steel offers a good level of resistance to heat
- Machinability – Good. Mild steel is the metal choice for many forms of machining and grinding, but stainless steel can also offer good results
- Welding – Very good. You could easily weld with this mesh to suit your requirements
- Painting – Poor. We suggest that a mild steel product is used when a layer of paint needs to be applied. Galvanised and stainless steel will not take paint
Wire Mesh Specification:
Below are the specifications of this super strong mesh:
- Mesh Count = 20 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 400 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.4mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.87mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 47%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with kitchen scissors. We suggest that you do the same
This woven mesh can be used as a sieve to filter out any particle that you require larger than 0.87mm.
About The Mesh
You will find this metal mesh to be of interest if you require very strong product for a filtration application. This coarse mesh is produced from top quality 316 grade stainless steel wire, this provides excellent resistance to corrosion.
Due to the thick wire diameter of this 0.87mm hole wire mesh would be ideal for rodent proofing, but would not be suitable for use as insect mesh.
Cutting would require the use of industrial tools. We cut this thickness of steel mesh using a guillotine in our factory.
About The Mesh Company
In 2008 Locker Wire Weavers launched The Mesh Company to bring our enormous range of wire mesh products to the general public for the first time. Previously wire mesh was only available for trade customers.
We continue to extend our range, and now proudly offer many forms of mesh and metal products for the best possible prices. We specialise in woven wire mesh. As a group we work closely with architects and designers to develop ground-breaking new applications for our multifunctional range of materials. We also offer state of the art fabrication and engineering for projects of all sizes.
Strong ties with the Warrington community continue to be at the very core of our business. We are proud to invest in the training and developing our staff of all levels in line with the traditions set by Thomas Locker, who founded our group 150 years ago when he invented the electronic loom. We continue to bring ingenuity and strong ethics to our day to day business.
The Mesh Company continues Warrington’s historic role in the wire industry. For more than 140 years, our group has been a leader in the supply and manufacture of woven wire mesh and wire cloth. Having been founded in Warrington, UK in 1878, Locker mesh products still retain the quality craftsmanship and spirit of innovation that were so characteristic then.
You will find the range of mesh panel sizes available here offer a wide range of options, that have been designed to suit most requirements. Please be advised that the majority of woven mesh is usually available in a maximum roll size of 30 metres by 1200mm. Please email us if you wish to discuss purchasing these larger sheets – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.