Galvanised Wire Mesh Roll
This is a top quality 0.57mm hole coarse galvanised steel wire mesh roll. This mesh has a high wire content in relation to the hole size. Consequently, it is tough and useful for filtration against pressure.
Looking for a metal mesh that can withstand the toughest of applications? Look no further than galvanised wire mesh roll with a woven wire mesh pattern and 28 holes per linear inch! With a wire thickness of 0.35mm and a hole size of 0.55mm, this mesh is incredibly sturdy and dense, yet 37% of its surface area remains open. This means that it offers excellent strength and durability, without sacrificing visibility or airflow. And the best part? You can easily cut this mesh to the size you need with just a pair of kitchen scissors!
Below are the specifications of this galvanised steel wire mesh roll:
- Mesh Count = 28 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 784 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.35mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.55mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 37%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is. This is a very high open area%
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with scissors or tin snips. We suggest that you do the same
This mesh sieve filters out particles larger than 0.57mm.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Galvanised Steel Mesh
How Do I Choose The Right Woven Mesh For My Application?
Choosing the right woven mesh for your application can be a complex process that requires careful consideration of several factors. We recognise that the vast majority of references will be alien to those who are not experts in wire mesh materials.
So, here are some key factors to consider when selecting the right woven mesh for your application:
- Mesh size: The mesh size refers to the number of openings per linear inch in the mesh. For example ’28 LPI’ refers to 28 lines/holes per linear inch. The size of the mesh openings is then determined by the wire diameter and spacing of the wire strands. The mesh size can affect the strength, porosity, and filtration properties of the woven mesh. The mesh size should be selected based on the specific application requirements. This mesh is very strong as the wire is thick in relation to the hole size. The way to understand this is by looking at the open area %. The smaller this % the more dense the material.
- Wire diameter: The wire diameter is the thickness of the individual wires that make up the woven mesh. The wire diameter can affect the strength and durability of the mesh. A thicker wire diameter may provide greater strength and durability, but it can also reduce the porosity and filtration efficiency of the mesh.
- Material type: The material type used for the woven mesh can affect the corrosion resistance, temperature resistance, and other properties of the mesh. Common materials used to make woven mesh include stainless steel, galvanised steel, copper, and aluminium.
- Weave pattern: The weave pattern of the woven mesh can affect the strength, flexibility, and filtration properties of the mesh. Common weave patterns include plain weave, twill weave, and Dutch weave. We have written a detailed article on twill weave that may explain this special pattern.
Why Choose 28 Hole Per Inch Galvanised Steel Mesh Rolls?
Using this woven wire mesh can provide several benefits, depending on the specific application. Here are some of the key benefits:
- High filtration efficiency: Woven wire mesh with a high number of holes per inch can provide excellent filtration efficiency, particularly for small particle sizes. The 28 holes per inch configuration is a relatively fine mesh that can effectively filter out small particles and contaminants from fluids or gases.
- Corrosion resistance: Galvanising the woven wire mesh can provide an extra layer of protection against rust and corrosion, making it more resistant to the effects of harsh environments, such as exposure to moisture or chemicals. Stainless steel offers greater corrosion resistance and mild steel offers less protection.
- Durability and strength: Woven wire mesh in galvanided steel is a durable and strong material that can withstand wear and tear over time. This makes it suitable for use in applications where high strength and durability are required.
- Cost-effectiveness: Galvanised steel is a relatively cost-effective material compared to other corrosion-resistant metals such as stainless steel or titanium. This makes it a more economical option for applications that require corrosion resistance but have budget constraints.
Is Galvanised Steel The Most Corrosion Resistant Metal?
Galvanised steel is one of the more corrosion-resistant metals, but it is not the most corrosion-resistant metal.
Galvanisation is a process where a layer of zinc is applied to steel to provide an extra layer of protection against rust and corrosion. This zinc coating acts as a sacrificial anode, which means that it corrodes in place of the steel, thus preventing the steel from corroding.
While galvanised steel is effective at preventing corrosion, there are other metals that are even more corrosion-resistant. For example, stainless steel is a popular corrosion-resistant metal that contains chromium, which forms a thin layer of chromium oxide on the surface of the metal, protecting it from corrosion. Other metals that are highly corrosion-resistant include titanium, aluminium, and copper. The Mesh Company specialise in stainless steel wire mesh products, as well as copper, brass and aluminium.
The choice of metal for a particular application will depend on several factors, including the level of exposure to corrosive elements, the required strength and durability, and the budget for the project.
Is This Available In Alternative Metals?
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.