Galvanised Steel Metal Mesh Sheet
0.99mm hole heavy duty galvanised metal mesh made from 0.5mm wire. This mesh is strong and course. Ideal for use as a rodent screen for rats and mice.
Crafted from durable galvanized metal, this wire mesh stands out not only for its robustness but also for its meticulous specifications. With a mesh count of 17 holes per linear inch, it translates to an impressive 289 holes per square inch, ensuring a uniform and consistent structure throughout. Each wire is 0.5mm thick, but it’s important to note that the intersection where two wires meet exhibits increased thickness, adding to its overall sturdiness.
Below are the specifications of this galvanised steel wire mesh roll:
- Mesh Count = 17 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 289 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.5mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.99mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 44%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is. This is a standard open area %
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with scissors or tin snips. We suggest that you do the same
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Galvanised Steel Mesh
Can This Mesh Be Used For Rodent Control?
Yes, this galvanised steel woven wire mesh can be used for rodent control. Its coarseness and toughness make it an effective barrier against rodents, preventing them from penetrating or chewing through. The precise design, coupled with the durability of galvanised metal, ensures a sturdy solution for keeping rodents at bay.
Is 44% Open Area Percentage Standard For All Wire Meshes?
No, the 44% open area percentage is not standard for all wire meshes. The open area percentage is determined by the mesh count, wire thickness, and aperture size. Different wire mesh products, depending on their intended use and design specifications, can have varying open area percentages. It’s always important to check the specific product details to understand its open area percentage and determine if it’s suitable for a particular application.
What Benefits Does Galvanisation Offer To The Steel Mesh?
Galvanisation offers several key benefits to the steel mesh:
- Corrosion Resistance: One of the primary advantages of galvanisation is that it provides a protective layer, preventing the steel from rusting. This ensures longevity, especially in moist or corrosive environments.
- Increased Durability: The galvanised coating enhances the mesh’s resistance to wear, tear, and abrasions, thereby extending its lifespan. It is often chosen as one down from stainless steel.
- Enhanced Strength: The process of galvanisation can enhance the overall tensile strength of the mesh, making it tougher and more resilient to external forces.
- Cost-Efficiency: Galvanised steel meshes typically require less maintenance and replacement than non-galvanised variants, leading to long-term cost savings.
- Protection Under Scratches: Even if the mesh gets scratched or slightly damaged, the zinc in the galvanised layer will still provide cathodic protection, ensuring that the exposed steel doesn’t rust.
- Environmentally Friendly: Galvanising steel is a sustainable practice. The longevity it provides to the steel reduces the need for frequent replacements, thereby conserving resources and reducing waste.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Galvanised meshes have a bright, shiny appearance which can be aesthetically pleasing in certain applications.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.