Galvanised Steel Wire Mesh Sheet
1.36mm hole heavy duty galvanised steel wire mesh sheet made from 0.45mm wire. This mesh is strong and course. Ideal for use as a rodent screen for rats and mice.
The galvanised steel wire mesh sheet offers both durability and versatility, suitable for a variety of applications. Designed with a mesh count of 14 holes per linear inch, it presents a total of 1196 holes per square inch, providing a balance between solidity and permeability. Each wire in the mesh has a thickness of 0.45mm, giving it strength, while the point where two wires meet is naturally thicker. The square hole or aperture size measures 1.36mm, ensuring a considerable open area, which stands at 57%. This standard open area percentage indicates that the mesh is neither too dense nor too sparse, making it suitable for many purposes, from fencing to screening.
One of the primary benefits of using galvanised steel for this mesh sheet is its resistance to corrosion, enhancing its lifespan and utility in outdoor conditions. Furthermore, the process of galvanisation involves coating the steel with a protective layer of zinc, which not only imparts rust resistance but also adds to the mesh’s overall toughness.
For those looking to modify or customise the size of their mesh sheet, it’s straightforward. The material can be cut using standard scissors or tin snips, providing flexibility in installation and use. Whether you’re aiming to use it in agriculture, construction, or DIY projects, the galvanised steel wire mesh sheet offers a robust and reliable solution.
Below are the specifications of this galvanised steel wire mesh roll:
- Mesh Count = 14 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 1196 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.45mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.36mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 57%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is. This is a standard open area %
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with scissors or tin snips. We suggest that you do the same
This mesh sieve filters out particles larger than 0.57mm.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Galvanised Steel Mesh
How Galvanised Steel Wire Mesh Sheet React to Acidic Substances or Chemicals?
The galvanised steel wire mesh sheet is coated with a layer of zinc, which offers a certain degree of protection against corrosion. Zinc, however, can corrode or degrade when exposed to acidic substances or certain chemicals. Rust and corrosion can occur once this protective layer is compromised. This process can be accelerated by acidic environments. The galvanised finish is not immune to corrosion, especially when exposed to strong acids or corrosive chemicals. In environments in which mesh might come into contact with such substances, it’s important to be aware of this limitation and consider regular maintenance or a more chemically-resistant material like stainless steel.
Is This Mesh Suitable for Aquatic Environments Like Ponds or Fish Tanks?
Zinc is applied to the galvanised steel wire mesh sheet to prevent corrosion. A galvanised coating, however, may not be suitable for aquatic environments like ponds or fish tanks. The constant exposure to water, especially if it’s slightly acidic or contains salt, can cause the zinc coating to corrode. In addition, zinc can be toxic to aquatic life at high concentrations. Stainless steel mesh is a better choice for aquatic applications, as it offers superior corrosion resistance and doesn’t leach zinc into the water. Consider more suitable alternatives if you’re considering using galvanised mesh in a fish tank or pond.
Can the Galvanised Mesh Be Used in a Vertical Garden or Plant Wall?
Due to its fine structure, galvanised steel wire mesh sheets are not recommended for vertical gardens or plant walls. Although the mesh is sturdy, it may not provide enough support and space for plants to grow and thrive in a vertical arrangement. It would be difficult for climbing plants or those with tendrils to weave through the small apertures, and the fine holes would hinder adequate air circulation, which is crucial for plant health. The soil or growth medium may also clog the fine mesh, further restricting airflow and potentially causing rot or mould.
A coarser mesh or a specifically designed support system would be more appropriate for vertical gardens or plant walls.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.