Woven Wire Plain Steel Mild Steel Mesh
0.56mm hole coarse mild steel mesh made from 0.35mm wire. This wire is fairly thick to be woven to form a mesh netting of this hole size, as a consequence it is tough and strong.
Mild steel woven wire mesh is a popular choice in various industries for its durability and strength. The coarse size, with a 0.56mm hole and 0.35mm wire, makes it an ideal material for heavy-duty applications where a strong and sturdy product is needed. With 28 holes per linear inch, this mesh offers a balance between air flow and protection, making it an ideal choice for machinery guards, fences, and filters. Whether it’s being used in the construction industry or for agricultural purposes, this mild steel woven wire mesh is a reliable and long-lasting solution for any project.
Specification Of This Mesh:
- Mesh Count = 28 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 784 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.35mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.56mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 38%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is. This is a very high open area%
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with standard kitchen scissors. We suggest that you do the same
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
We also offer a massive range of mild steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce mild steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
FAQs For This Product
What Is Mild Steel Woven Wire Mesh?
Mild steel woven wire mesh is a type of wire mesh that is made from low-carbon steel wire.
The wire is woven together on an electric loom in a crisscross pattern to create a mesh structure. It can be made into many weave types. Plain weave is the most common.
Mild steel woven wire mesh is commonly used for fencing, screens, and filtration, as well as in the construction, agriculture, and mining industries. It is relatively inexpensive and can be easily cut and shaped to fit specific requirements.
However, it is not suitable for applications where high strength or corrosion resistance is required. We suggest that you look at either galvanised or stainless steel if you require a higher level of resistance.
What Can Mild Steel Wire Mesh Not Be Used For?
Mild steel wire mesh is a versatile material that can be used in many applications, such as fencing, construction, filtration, and reinforcement. However, there are some situations where mild steel wire mesh may not be suitable, including:
- High-temperature applications: Our mild steel wire mesh may not be suitable for use in high-temperature applications, as it can deform or lose its strength at elevated temperatures. Stainless steel would be preferable.
- Corrosive environments: This uncoated steel is susceptible to corrosion in certain environments, such as those with high levels of moisture or salt.
- Electrical conductivity: Natural mild steel wire mesh is a good conductor of electricity, and may not be suitable for applications where electrical conductivity needs to be minimized or avoided.
- Chemical resistance: Mild steel wire mesh may not be suitable for use in environments with exposure to certain chemicals, such as acids or alkalis, as it can be corroded or damaged. 316 stainless would give the optimum chemical resistance of all wire mesh materials.
- High-stress applications: Mild steel wire mesh may not be suitable for applications that require high tensile strength, as it is not as strong as other materials such as steel alloys or titanium.
How Can I Remove Rust From Mild Steel?
To remove rust from mild steel woven wire mesh, you can follow these steps:
- Clean the surface: Use a wire brush or a stiff-bristled brush to remove any loose debris, dirt, or rust particles from the surface of the mesh.
- Apply a rust remover: Apply a rust remover product to the surface of the mesh. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and use a product that is safe for use on mild steel.
- Let the rust remover work: Allow the rust remover to work for the recommended amount of time, typically around 30 minutes. The rust remover will dissolve the rust and make it easier to remove.
- Scrub the surface: Use a brush or scouring pad to scrub the surface of the mesh, working in a circular motion to remove the rust. Rinse the surface with water to remove any remaining rust remover and debris.
- Dry the mesh: Dry the mesh thoroughly with a clean towel or allow it to air dry completely.
- Apply a rust inhibitor: Apply a rust inhibitor product to the surface of the mesh to help prevent rust from forming again in the future.
Check out our blog ‘the versatile nature of mild steel woven wire mesh’ for more information on this range of products.
We have written a deeper dive article on using hardware cloth. This is a great use for this woven wire material.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.