Phosphor Bronze Wire Mesh
We weave this 1.29mm hole coarse bronze woven wire mesh from solid 0.3mm phosphor bronze wire. We love working with bronze woven wire mesh. It is so soft to cut and use compared to the stainless equivalent.
Woven wire mesh made of phosphor bronze is a popular choice for RFI and EMI screening due to its excellent conductivity and durability. This particular bronze metal mesh has 16 holes per linear inch, each measuring 1.29mm. The wire thickness is 0.29mm, which adds to the overall sturdiness of the product. Although it is considered coarse, it is easy to cut with scissors and can be manipulated to fit a variety of different applications. Overall, this woven wire mesh is an outstanding choice for those in need of reliable, long-lasting RFI and EMI screening.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications for this 1.29mm hole bronze wire mesh are as follows:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 16 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 256 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.3mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.29mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 66%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Scissors. We would use scissors
This will work as a sieve for anything larger than 1.29mm.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For Bronze Wire Mesh
What Are The Typical Uses For Coarse Bronze Woven Mesh?
Coarse bronze woven mesh is primarily used in filtration applications where large particles need to be removed from a liquid or gas, such as in the petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries.
Additionally, coarse bronze woven mesh can be used in marine and coastal applications due to its high resistance to corrosion in saltwater environments. In coastal environments, there is a higher risk of corrosion due to the presence of saltwater, which can be highly corrosive to many materials. Phosphor bronze woven wire mesh is highly resistant to corrosion in saltwater environments, making it a good choice for applications such as marine filtration, seawater intake screens, and other marine applications.
It can also be used as a conductor in electrical and heating applications, due to its excellent electrical conductivity and thermal conductivity properties.
Phosphor Bronze vs Copper
When comparing phosphor bronze and copper mesh, there are some key differences to consider:
- Composition: As mentioned earlier, copper mesh is made from pure copper, while phosphor bronze mesh is made from an alloy of copper, tin, and phosphorus.
- Strength: Phosphor bronze mesh is generally stronger and more durable than copper mesh due to the added alloying elements.
- Corrosion resistance: Phosphor bronze mesh is more resistant to corrosion than copper mesh, especially in harsh environments such as saltwater.
- Electrical conductivity: Copper mesh has higher electrical conductivity than phosphor bronze mesh, making it a better choice for applications that require high conductivity. We have written a detailed article on the benefits of using copper mesh.
- Cost: Phosphor bronze mesh is typically more expensive than copper mesh due to the added alloying elements and the manufacturing process. We try to make sure that both are the same great value for our customers.
Is This Available In Other Metals?
Mesh with 16 holes per linear inch is very commonly made, as it is so useful for so many applications.
We even offer an option in stainless steel with wires that are almost twice as thick.
Can I Cut This Mesh?
This mesh is easy to cut with scissors. Check out this video showing how easily this can be done.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about bronze wire mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.