Galvanised Steel Woven Wire Mesh
2.47mm hole heavy duty galvanised mesh made from 0.71mm wire.
This galvanised steel woven wire mesh offers both durability and functionality. With a mesh count of 8 holes per linear inch, it equates to 64 holes per square inch, ensuring a consistent and balanced structure. Each wire in the mesh is 0.71mm thick. Notably, where two wires intersect, the thickness is greater, contributing to the mesh’s overall strength. The aperture or hole size is 2.47mm, providing a square shape from wire to wire.
With an open area percentage of 60%, this galvanised mesh ensures good visibility and airflow, an attribute especially beneficial for applications like beekeeping. The ample open area ensures bees can move freely while being protected. Its galvanised finish enhances its resilience against external factors, like weather, and offers added resistance against corrosion. For those looking to cut or adjust the mesh, tin snips are recommended, ensuring a clean and efficient cut.
In essence, this galvanised mesh is a preferred choice for those seeking a strong and durable solution, especially in beekeeping. Its design specifications, coupled with the protective properties of the galvanisation process, make it ideal for a range of applications beyond just beekeeping. Whether you’re aiming for protection, filtration, or enclosure, this mesh stands up to the task.
Below are the specifications of this galvanised steel wire mesh roll:
- Mesh Count = 8 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 64 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.71mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 2.47mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 60%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with tin snips. We suggest that you do the same
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Galvanised Steel Mesh
How Long Can Galvanised Mesh Last In Outdoor Conditions?
The lifespan of galvanised mesh in outdoor conditions is influenced by several factors, ranging from 10 to 50 years or more. It is important to consider the thickness of the zinc coating; a thicker coating generally offers greater corrosion protection. Environmental conditions also impact its durability. In regions with high salinity, pollution, or acidic rainfall, the protective zinc coating may corrode at a faster rate. However, in drier or less polluted areas, the mesh can remain intact for extended periods. Additionally, regular maintenance, such as cleaning and addressing minor rust spots, can further extend its lifespan.
Thus, while galvanised mesh is inherently durable, its longevity in outdoor conditions depends on specific environmental factors and upkeep.
What Is The Maximum Roll Size Available For This Mesh?
Most woven wire mesh is produced to a maximum of 30 metres x 1.2 metres. Any size within that is available.
Can Galvanised Steel Mesh Be Used In Coastal Areas With High Salinity?
It is possible to use galvanised steel woven wire mesh in coastal areas with high salinity. By coating steel with zinc, the galvanisation process protects it against corrosive effects of salt and moisture. However, while galvanised mesh offers improved resistance to corrosion compared to untreated steel, it’s worth noting that in highly saline environments, the lifespan of the galvanisation might be reduced. For long-term applications in such conditions, periodic checks and maintenance are recommended to ensure the mesh remains in good condition. Consider a marine-grade stainless steel mesh if maximum corrosion resistance is desired, especially for long-term installations.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.