Coarse Stainless Steel Woven Mesh Metal
0.96mm hole coarse woven stainless steel mesh metal in top quality 304 grade made from 0.45mm wire. As you can see from the image, this is a coarse mesh specification. This mesh is fairly coarse, but the holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a coarse for any application. You would be able to bend this mesh by hand very easily. Once bent it would hold its shape.
This mesh metal, composed of 304 stainless steel, is recognized for its resistance to rust, corrosion, and high temperatures, making it an ideal choice for a wide range of applications The unique construction involves a 0.45mm wire that’s tightly woven into an 18 Lines Per Inch (LPI) grid, creating 0.96mm holes. These fine holes offer an excellent balance between visibility and protection, making this product suitable for filtration and screening projects, including air and water filtration systems, to ensure purity and safety. The woven design also contributes to the robustness and flexibility of the mesh, making it easy to shape into various forms without compromising its structural integrity. This makes it an excellent choice for projects that require custom shapes or sizes. Whether it’s used in a grilling surface, an insect screen, a garden sieve, or a ventilation system, it delivers exceptional performance.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 18
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 324
- Wire Thickness = 0.45mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.96mm
- Open Area % = 46%
- Cut With – Tin snips or standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
Copper, brass, black, and galvanised steel wire mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices. See our blog for specific information on all of our various material options.
FAQs For This Product
What Can This Mesh Be Used For?
Our customers have used this mesh for the following uses:
- Filtration Systems: It can serve as a reliable filter in water and air filtration systems due to the size of its holes, providing a balance between flow and particle filtration.
- Ventilation: This mesh is suitable for use in ventilation systems where air flow is required without allowing small particles or insects to pass through.
- Cooking and Grilling: Given its high temperature resistance, the mesh can be utilized as a grilling surface in BBQ setups or even commercial cooking equipment.
- Screens or Guards: It’s often used to create screens for windows or doors to prevent insects from entering, or as a guard in machines to prevent larger particles from passing through.
- Craft and Décor: Due to its flexibility, the mesh is often used in craft projects, sculpture, or interior and exterior design elements.
- Gardening: It can be used in the garden as a sieve, for composting, or even to protect plants from pests.
Could This Mesh Metal Be Shaped Into A Specific Form Without Damaging The Holes?
It can be shaped into a specific shape without damaging the holes due to its flexibility and resilience. Because of its woven design, it is highly adaptable, making it suitable for a wide range of applications requiring custom shapes. Please be aware that extreme bending or reshaping may potentially stress the material. When manipulating mesh into desired shapes, it’s recommended to use appropriate tools and techniques to ensure its integrity.
Is It Possible To Cut This Woven Wire Mesh Metal Without Causing Fraying Or Damage To The Weave?
Stainless Steel Mesh Metal with 0.96mm Hole can be cut without causing significant fraying or damage to the weave. The right tools and techniques, however, should be used to prevent unnecessary damage and ensure a clean cut.
Tin snips and wire cutters are typically used for smaller, less demanding cuts, while angle grinders are better suited for larger or more precise cuts. To avoid fraying, cut in the middle of the wires rather than at the intersections when cutting.
Remember to wear appropriate safety gear, such as gloves and eye protection, when handling and cutting the mesh to prevent injury. And, as with any material, careful handling will extend the mesh’s lifespan and maintain its integrity.
We have published a video on cutting woven mesh through our YouTube channel.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.