Coarse Stainless Steel Woven Mesh Wire
1.67mm hole coarse woven stainless steel mesh in top quality 304 grade made from 0.45mm wire. As you can see from the image, this is a coarse mesh specification. This mesh is fairly coarse, but the holes are fairly small, but are easily visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a coarse for any application. You would be able to bend this mesh by hand very easily. Once bent it would hold its shape.
The Mesh Company is one of the leading suppliers of stainless steel wire mesh in the United Kingdom. Additionally, in addition to stocking only the best products, we provide the most helpful customer service by providing bespoke cutting and fast shipping.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 12
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 144
- Wire Thickness = 0.45mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.67mm
- Open Area % = 62%
- Cut With – Tin snips or standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheet in application is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
What Are The Different Grades Of Woven Stainless Steel Mesh?
The three main grades of stainless steel used for woven wire mesh are:
- 304 Stainless Steel: This is a commonly used grade of stainless steel that is known for its corrosion resistance and strength. It is suitable for use in a wide range of applications, including filtration, separation, and protection. This is the industry standard stainless steel.
- 316 Stainless Steel: This is a higher-grade stainless steel that is more corrosion-resistant than 304 stainless steel. It is often used in applications where exposure to harsh environments or chemicals is expected, such as marine environments or chemical processing plants.
- 430 Stainless Steel: This is a less expensive, lower-grade stainless steel that is often used in applications where corrosion resistance is less of a concern. Most importantly, magnets will stick to this grade of stainless.
What Is This Woven Wire Mesh Used For?
Here are some of the most common uses for 1.67mm stainless woven wire mesh:
- Industrial filtration: 1.67mm stainless woven wire mesh is often used in industrial filtration systems to remove impurities and debris from liquids and gases. This mesh will filter out any particles that are 1.7mm or larger.
- Rodent control: This mesh would be strong enough for rodent control, and the holes would be small enough to block almost all insects. It has a good level of air flow.
- Decorative applications: The unique texture and pattern of 1.67mm stainless woven wire mesh can make it a popular choice for decorative applications such as architectural features or interior design elements.
How Would You Cut This Mesh?
We would use standard kitchen scissors to cut this material. You may wish to use tin snips if you are not confident in achieving a neat cut along the line of the apertures.
Will The Metal Grid Come Apart When Cut?
Wires may come out of the weave at the very edge when cut, but the general structure will remain solid as it is woven under tension on the loom. Woven wire mesh is designed to be strong and robust.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.