Stainless Steel Woven Wire Flymesh
0.94mm hole stainless steel flymesh is designed specifically to allow good airflow through an opening, whilst at the same time preventing flies, wasps and other winged creatures from getting through.
The mesh is light and affordable and ideal for this purpose.
Flymesh made from stainless steel is ideal for keeping insects out. It is woven to produce small holes of 1.36mm x 1.36mm. In light of the material’s flexibility, it may require a frame in order to add rigidity. Rolls are available in a range of widths and lengths that are suitable for diverse applications. For use on soffits or behind cladding, the 10 cm to 30 cm wide rolls are perfect. These wider rolls are ideal for producing insect screens, or for covering large areas such as roofs.
We love this product. Our most popular option is the 100mm wide roll.
We offer a heavy duty stainless steel insect mesh screen for areas where people are likely to come into contact with it regularly, such as windows and doors. This mesh has a thicker wire for increased strength, which makes it the best choice for high traffic areas, and spaces that need additional rigidity.
We also offer a midge mesh if you require an insect mesh with an even smaller hole.
Wire Mesh Specification
The specifications of this stainless steel flymesh are as below:
- Mesh Count = 22 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 484 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.22mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.94mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 66% The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Can easily be cut with standard kitchen scissors. We suggest that you do the same
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
What Is Known To Be The Strongest Fly Screen Mesh?
The Mesh Company have several flymesh options in stock. All have their own merits, so there is not really an outright winner in which insect mesh is best. Some of the strongest fly screen mesh contenders are:
- Stainless steel mesh: Stainless steel mesh is known for its durability, strength, and resistance to corrosion, making it an ideal material for fly screen mesh. It is available in various grades, with higher grades offering better strength and durability. Stainless is the longest lasting and most resistant to corrosion.
- Aluminium mesh: Aluminium mesh is lightweight, durable, and resistant to corrosion. It is cheaper to produce than stainless steel, so it is a perennially popular option. Perhaps the most commonly used metal for insect meshing.
- Fiberglass mesh: Fiberglass mesh is strong and lightweight, making it an excellent option for screening windows and doors. It is also resistant to UV radiation and does not shrink or stretch over time.
- Copper mesh: Copper mesh is highly durable and has excellent insect-repelling properties. It is not especially commonly used as an insect mesh by our customers however as it is seen to be overkill as at the higher price point.
What Insects Will This Flymesh Block?
This mesh is easily capable of blocking most insects found in the UK. Some of the common insects that a 1mm hole stainless steel insect mesh can effectively block include:
- Mosquitoes: Mosquitoes are a common insect in the UK and are known to carry diseases. This mesh would block mosquitoes, but we would recommend a mesh with a smaller hole to be sure. We like this one. Our mosquito mesh has holes that are a little over half the size of that of this listing.
- Flies: Flies are another common insect in the UK that can be a nuisance. A 1mm hole stainless steel insect mesh can effectively block most species of flies.
- Wasps: Wasps are a common insect in the UK and can be aggressive when disturbed. This mesh would easily block as wasp from gaining entry through a gap or vent.
- Bees: Bees are important pollinators but can be a nuisance when they enter your home. Again, this mesh would easily block bees.
- Gnats and midges: Gnats and midges are small flying insects that can be a nuisance, especially during the summer months. We would recommend a smaller aperture mesh like this one.
How Do I Cut Stainless Steel Flymesh?
With great ease actually. We would simply use a pair of standard kitchen scissors. Make sure to cut along the line of the mesh between the wires (aperture).
Do Fly Screens Work?
Yes, stainless steel woven fly screens are an effective way to keep flies and other insects out of a building or home. The small holes prevent most insects, including flies, from entering through the screen.
Stainless steel woven fly screens are a popular choice for fly screens because they are durable, long-lasting, and resistant to corrosion. They are also easy to maintain and clean, and can be used in a variety of settings, including homes, restaurants, and other commercial buildings.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about stainless steel insect mesh for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about soffit vent mesh. This is a common use for insect mesh of all types.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.