Perforated Steel Galvanised Mesh Panels
Perforated metal galvanised mesh panels are produced by punching flat galvanised plate with a specific pattern. The customer’s requirement for metal for cosmetic or application purposes drives this decision.
Galvanised steel perforated metal square mesh is a versatile material that is perfect for a range of applications. With a 10mm square hole and 12mm pitch, this material has an even pattern that is both functional and visually pleasing. At 1.5mm thick, it provides excellent structural support and is extremely durable. What’s more, there are many sheet sizes available, making it a great choice for projects of all sizes. Whether you are looking to create a stunning feature wall or need a material that will withstand harsh outdoor conditions, galvanised steel perforated metal square mesh is an ideal choice.
Specification Of This Mesh:
- Hole Size (Aperture) – 10mm square hole
- Pitch – 12mm. You can measure the pitch from the start of one hole to the next or the hole size plus the gap between the hole
- Thickness – 1.5mm thick flat sheet
Sheets with perforations are commonly used to allow air to pass through. Ventilation and filtration are the main uses for this mesh type. Rodent proofing is another use for perforated sheeting.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted metallic mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
We also offer a massive range of hexagonal hole galvanised metal sheet options from immediate stock.
In order to produce galvanised steel hexagonal perforated metal mesh sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with a hexagonal hole. Perforated sheetin application is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
FAQs For This Product
Why Choose A Square Hole Mesh?
In contrast to other types of perforated metal, square hole perforated metal mesh has several advantages:
Air and light can flow more freely through square holes than round ones or other shapes.
Architectural applications often use square hole perforated metal mesh because it creates a visually appealing design element.
Material with square holes is strong and durable, making it ideal for applications that require strength and durability.
Perforated square hole metal mesh is versatile, capable of being used in a wide range of applications, from decoration to filtration.
Installation is easier with square hole perforated metal mesh, since its square shape can make it easier to cut and shape to fit specific applications.
Steel vs Galvanised Steel Mesh Panels
Square hole metal mesh is commonly manufactured from stainless steel and galvanised steel. In comparison with one another, these materials differ in the following ways:
Stainless steel has excellent corrosion resistance, which makes it a popular material for applications exposed to harsh or corrosive environments. Steel coated with zinc, on the other hand, provides some corrosion protection, but is not as corrosion-resistant as stainless steel.
In applications requiring a high level of strength and durability, stainless steel is a better choice than galvanised steel.
Galvanised steel has a matte finish, whereas stainless steel has a distinctive, shiny appearance.
Due to its higher quality and durability, stainless steel is generally more expensive than galvanised steel.
Due to the zinc coating limiting galvanised steel weldability, stainless steel can be welded more easily.
What Can 10mm Mesh Be Used For?
Here are some examples of how 10mm square mesh can be used:
- Grilles and vents: 10mm galvanised square hole perforated metal can be used to create grilles and vents for ventilation systems, air conditioning units, and other applications that require airflow. It is strong and will stay flat. We offer long, thin cuts of this mesh from the dropdown box above. This would be great for use behind a vent.
- Security screens: This type of perforated metal can be used to create security screens for windows and doors, providing protection against intrusion while still allowing light and airflow.
- Speaker grilles: 10mm galvanised square hole perforated metal can be used to create speaker grilles for speakers and other audio equipment, providing protection and an attractive design. Expanded metal is commonly used for this purpose too.
- Architectural applications: This type of perforated metal can be used in architectural applications such as facades, sunscreens, and decorative screens, providing a unique and visually appealing design element.
- Filtration: 10mm galvanised square hole perforated metal can be used as a filtration medium for liquids or gases, providing a uniform flow of material while removing impurities or particulates. It will block out any particle larger than 10mm.
Can I Cut This Material?
Yes, it is possible to cut 1.5mm thick galvanised steel perforated metal, but it may require special tools and techniques depending on the specific type of perforated metal you have.
Here are some tools and techniques that you can use to cut 1.5mm thick galvanised steel perforated metal:
- Industrial guillotine: This is how we cut perforated metal and sheet metal materials. A guillotine of this strength gives a neat and accurate cut.
- Metal snips: Metal snips are designed to cut through sheet metal and can be used to cut perforated metal. We would not recommend them to be used to cut this mesh accurately however.
- Power shears: Power shears are electric or pneumatic tools that can be used to cut through sheet metal quickly and efficiently. They are ideal for cutting large sheets of perforated metal. Again, these may not be able to give a neat cut in this metal.
- Jigsaw: A jigsaw with a metal cutting blade can also be used to cut perforated metal. This tool is ideal for cutting curves or irregular shapes in the metal.
- Laser cutter: If you have access to a laser cutter, this can also be used to cut perforated metal. Laser cutting is a precise and efficient method that can produce clean cuts and intricate designs.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
We also have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.