Woven Copper Meshing
The Mesh Company is one of the leading suppliers of woven copper meshing in the United Kingdom. Additionally, in addition to stocking only the best products, we provide the most helpful customer service by providing bespoke cutting and fast shipping.
Copper meshing is a highly sought-after product due to its versatility and durability, making it perfect for a range of different applications in a variety of industries. The woven wire mesh provides a strong and flexible barrier for a range of purposes, from pest control to decorative elements, and everything in between. The meshing is made of high-quality 99% copper, ensuring top-quality performance and exceptional durability. With a huge range of heavy-duty to super-fine options available in stock, you are sure to find the right copper meshing for your needs. Trust us to provide the top-quality woven copper mesh for your application needs and be satisfied with the performance of this top-quality product.
The standard specifications of copper mesh that we offer are as follows:
- 8 x 0.63mm = 2.55mm / 64%
- 16 x 0.355mm = 1.23mm / 60%
- 30 x 0.28mm = 0.57mm / 45%
- 42 x 0.1mm = 0.51mm / 70%
- 60 x 0.16mm = 0.263mm / 39%
- 100 x 0.05mm = 0.204mm / 65%
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
Brass, stainless, black, and galvanised steel wire mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices. See our blog for specific information on all of our various
FAQs For This Product
Can Copper Mesh Be Used For RFI Screening?
Copper mesh is popular for EMI and RFI shielding applications because of its high electrical conductivity. As a result of its high thermal conductivity, it is frequently used as a heat shield in the industrial sector as it conducts heat up to eight times better than other commonly used metals.
Shielding materials need not be solid. Mesh holes in the shielding enclosure’s surface are acceptable if they are smaller than the wavelength being shielded. This is what the Faraday cage does best.
Hundreds of customers use this mesh for RFI screening every year. We always recommend our fine mesh with a 100 hole and a 0.05mm wire as the best possible solution for this requirement.
What About The Composition And Key Properties?
It is easy to work, join, and install copper due to its ductility. Metallurgically, it can be joined by welding, soldering, or brazing. Due to its softness, this mesh can fit into most design configurations.
Copper is rigid as well as readily formable, so it adds to the integrity of the system even when adverse conditions exist.
Below is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this type of woven wire copper mesh:
- Bending & Forming – Excellent. Produced using solid copper wire. Copper is light and flexible making it the finished structure is malleable. The heaviest option that we have has a 2.5mm hole and the finest 0.2mm. The finer the mesh the more like a fabric it is.
- Corrosion Resistance – Excellent. Copper is essentially corrosion-proof.
- Filtration – Good. This specification was originally woven to be used as a filter mesh. It will filter out all particles that are 2.5mm or larger.
- Welding – Possible. Soldering, brazing, and welding can all be used to join copper and copper alloys.
- Painting – Good. Spray paint can be used to paint copper. The metal should be clean and dry before spray painting. An epoxy primer should be applied to promote adhesion.
Is Copper Meshing Resistant To Corrosion?
Below are some quick details about the corrosion resistance properties of copper mesh:
- Does not react with water, but it does slowly react with atmospheric oxygen to form a brown-black layer of copper oxide. The oxide layer, in contrast to the oxidation of iron by moist air, prevents any further corrosion of the bulk
- Does not support the growth of bacteria
- Long-lasting and maintenance-free properties. Making it an ideal material for mechanical and industrial systems
- Never needs to be painted to be corrosion-resistant. A thin film also forms that offers natural corrosion protection
- This mesh won’t burn. Copper does not support combustion
Check out our blog ‘the myriad benefits of pure copper wire mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We have also provided a detailed article on using copper mesh for RFI and RMI shielding.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
There are no reviews yet.