Stainless Steel Coffee Strainer Mesh
The mesh ideal as a coffee strainer filter.
0.186mm hole 316 stainless steel fine woven wire cloth filter mesh in top quality 316 marine grade made from 0.132mm wire. As you can see from the image this is a fine mesh specification. The holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a fine mesh for any application. As a result of the fineness of the wires, you would be able to bend and fold this mesh by hand very easily.
Made of robust 316-grade stainless steel, this mesh boasts a refined structure, perfectly balancing durability with functionality. With a mesh count of 80 holes per linear inch, this translates to a dense 6,400 holes per square inch. Each individual wire has a thickness of 0.132mm, though intersections where two wires meet will have a slightly increased thickness. The square hole size or aperture is set at 0.186mm from wire to wire. This configuration results in an open area percentage of 34%, indicating a balance between breathability and filtration. Tailoring the mesh to your specific needs is a breeze; it can be easily cut using standard kitchen scissors or simply torn to size with fingertips. One of its standout applications is its role as a coffee strainer, making it the ideal spec for coffee filtration. It’s particularly suitable for use in the plunger of a French press, ensuring a smooth and sediment-free brew. When thinking of the perfect coffee strainer, this mesh is the go-to choice for professionals and enthusiasts alike
Wire Cloth Specification
Below are the specifications of this fine woven mesh wire cloth:
- Mesh Count = 80 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 6,400 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.132mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.186mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 34%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors or fingers alone. We would use fingertips to tear this mesh to size
You will find this 316 stainless steel wire mesh to be of interest if you require a very fine product for a filtration application. The stainless steel wire used to make this fine mesh is 316 grade, which provides excellent corrosion resistance.
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheet in application is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
Copper, brass, black, and galvanised steel wire mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices. See our blog for specific information on all of our various material options.
FAQs For This Product
Is The Mesh Compatible With All French Press Brands?
The mesh itself is a versatile material and not a pre-shaped or pre-sized finished product. This means that while it is not inherently “compatible” with all French press brands out of the box, it can be cut and tailored to fit virtually any French press or other coffee strainer device. The ability to customise it provides flexibility to the user, ensuring they can adapt it to suit their specific French press model or coffee-making setup.
Can I Use The Mesh For Cold Brew Coffee?
You can use the mesh for cold brew coffee. With 6,400 holes per square inch, the mesh effectively filters out even the smallest coffee grounds. The smooth, sediment-free brew is particularly important for cold brew. The mesh can be cut and shaped to fit your cold brew system or container. Due to the mesh’s 316-grade stainless steel construction, it resists corrosion and rust, making it ideal for prolonged immersion in cold water. To ensure the best tasting brew, clean the mesh thoroughly after every use.
How Do I Prevent The Mesh From Wrinkling Or Folding?
To prevent the mesh from wrinkling or folding, follow these guidelines:
- Storage: Always store the mesh flat, ideally sandwiched between two rigid surfaces, like cardboard or plastic sheets. Avoid rolling or folding the mesh if possible.
- Handling: Use both hands when handling the mesh to distribute its weight evenly and avoid any unnecessary stress on any one part.
- Cutting: If cutting is necessary, use sharp kitchen scissors or shears to get a clean cut. Ensure that the mesh is lying flat on a solid surface, and keep it taut while cutting.
- Use: When fitting the mesh into your coffee strainer or any other device, avoid stretching or forcing it into place. Instead, gently mold and shape it to fit the desired area. If it doesn’t fit properly, consider trimming it to size rather than forcing it.
- Cleaning: After using, don’t crumple or scrunch the mesh to clean. Lay it flat and gently scrub with a soft brush or cloth. Rinse and then let it dry in a flat position.
- Avoiding Weight: Don’t place heavy objects on the mesh as it can cause deformations. If it becomes wrinkled or folded, you can try to flatten it out gently using a flat object like a spatula or the edge of a ruler.
Check out our blog ‘the benefits of using 316 grade stainless steel for food grade applications for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.