Woven Wire Stainless Steel Coarse Mesh
1.78mm hole woven stainless steel coarse mesh in top quality 304 grade made from 0.34mm wire. As you can see from the image. This mesh is fairly coarse, but the holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a coarse for any application. You would be able to bend this mesh by hand very easily. Once bent it would hold its shape.
With a specification of 12 holes per linear inch, translating to 144 holes per square inch, this mesh is categorized as a coarse mesh, striking a balance between openness and durability. Each wire has a thickness of 0.34mm, ensuring strength and resistance against wear and tear. The mesh features an aperture or hole size of 1.78mm, making it ideal for a variety of applications where larger openings are preferred.
One of the standout features of this mesh is its 70% open area, allowing for substantial airflow, visibility, or fluid movement, depending on the application. The high open area makes it particularly suitable for uses where circulation is key. Given the inherent properties of stainless steel, this mesh boasts resistance to corrosion, making it apt for both indoor and outdoor applications. Whether it’s for gardening, fencing, or filtration, its robust nature ensures longevity and minimal maintenance.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 12
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 144
- Wire Thickness = 0.34mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.78mm
- Open Area % = 70%
- Cut With – Tin snips or standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the woven wire mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
What Makes The Open Area Percentage Important?
The Open Area Percentage is a critical specification when discussing wire mesh products. It indicates the proportion of space to material in the mesh. Specifically, a 70% open area means that 70% of the mesh’s surface is open spaces, and the remaining 30% is the stainless steel material. This ratio is important for several reasons:
- Airflow and Ventilation: A higher open area percentage ensures better airflow through the mesh, making it ideal for applications requiring ventilation. For instance, if the mesh is used in a setting where air circulation is crucial, a higher percentage would be beneficial.
- Visibility and Light Penetration: Meshes with a high open area allow more light to pass through. This can be essential for applications where visibility through the mesh or illumination is necessary.
- Filtration Efficiency: Depending on the desired application, the open area could play a significant role in determining the particle size that can be filtered out. A higher open area might allow larger particles to pass through.
- Material Weight: A higher open area percentage typically means less material is used, making the mesh lighter in weight. This can be a factor when considering the ease of installation or the weight load on structures.
- Drainage: For applications where liquids need to pass through, such as in certain filtration systems or drainage solutions, a higher open area ensures better fluid flow.
Can This Coarse Mesh Withstand High Temperatures?
Yes, stainless steel coarse mesh is known for its ability to withstand high temperatures without losing its structural integrity. Stainless steel’s inherent properties make it resistant to oxidation and corrosion, even at elevated temperatures. This characteristic is particularly beneficial in applications where the mesh might be exposed to heat, such as in industrial processes, grills, or vents near heat sources.
How Durable Is Stainless Steel Coarse Mesh?
Stainless steel coarse mesh is renowned for its durability and longevity. Featuring an iron alloy with added chromium, it resists rust, corrosion, and staining. Having a 70% open area, the coarse mesh ensures ample flow and less resistance, which in turn reduces wear over time. Wire thickness of 0.34mm maintains the mesh’s shape and integrity under a variety of conditions by striking a balance between flexibility and strength. Stainless steel mesh can retain its properties and appearance for many years if properly cared for and used.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.