Stainless Steel Wire Mesh Bug Netting
1.56mm hole stainless steel insect mesh bug netting is designed specifically to allow good airflow through an opening, whilst at the same time preventing flies, wasps and other winged creatures from getting through.
The mesh bug netting is a robust and effective solution designed with quality and utility in mind. Made from 304-grade stainless steel, this woven wire mesh offers an ideal balance between strength and functionality. With a mesh count of 14 holes per linear inch, resulting in 196 holes per square inch, it provides ample ventilation while acting as a barrier against unwanted insects.
Despite its substantial open area of 75%, the mesh retains impressive strength, attributed to the 0.25mm thick wires. At points where two wires intersect, the mesh becomes even more robust, ensuring longevity and resistance against wear and tear. The square holes, or aperture, measuring at 1.56mm, are relatively large for insect screening purposes but remain effective in keeping bugs at bay. Such a design ensures that, while the mesh can breathe and allow airflow, it does not compromise its primary function as an insect barrier.
Ease of customization is another noteworthy feature. The mesh can be effortlessly trimmed to the desired size using standard kitchen scissors, allowing for a seamless fit in varied applications. While the primary use of this mesh is as bug netting, its durable structure and significant open area make it versatile for other purposes as well. Whether used in homes, gardens, or other outdoor spaces, this mesh guarantees a blend of protection and breathability, ensuring a comfortable and bug-free environment.
Wire Mesh Specification
The specifications of this stainless steel fly mesh are as below:
- Mesh Count = 14 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 196 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.25mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.56mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 75% (this is a rather high open area but the mesh is strong as the wires are so thick). The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Can easily be cut with standard kitchen scissors. We suggest that you do the same
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Fly Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
Can The Mesh Bug Netting Prevent Small Insects Like No-See-Ums?
While the mesh bug netting features a hole size of 1.56mm, it’s designed to block out a majority of insects. However, no-see-ums, also known as biting midges, are very small insects. It’s possible that some might get through the 1.56mm openings due to their diminutive size. Consider a finer mesh or use the current netting in conjunction with other preventative measures if blocking no-see-ums is your primary concern.
We offer stainless steel midge mesh which should be fine enough to block vents and gaps from no-see-ums.
Can The Mesh Bug Netting Be Used In Greenhouses?
Yes, the mesh bug netting can be effectively used in greenhouses. Despite its 1.56mm hole size, it allows good airflow and light penetration, both of which are crucial for plant growth. 304-grade stainless steel ensures durability and corrosion resistance, making it suitable for greenhouse environments. You can protect your plants from harmful pests without using chemicals by using this netting in greenhouses.
Is The Mesh Bug Netting Available In Different Sizes Or Colours?
Yes to sizes. This mesh is made to 30 metre x 1.2 metre rolls, so any sizes within that is possible.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about stainless steel insect mesh for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about soffit vent mesh. This is a common use for insect mesh of all types.
We also have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.