Stainless Steel Woven Soffit Air Vents Mesh
Stainless steel mesh for soffit air vents is designed specifically to allow good airflow through an opening, whilst at the same time preventing flies, wasps and other winged creatures from getting through.
The 304 stainless steel woven wire mesh is tailored specifically for soffit air vents, striking a balance between functionality and durability. This mesh has a mesh count of 18 holes per linear inch, translating to a comprehensive 324 holes per square inch. This design ensures that air flow is unobstructed, validated by its impressive open area percentage of 71%. This high openness ensures that your vents allow maximum air circulation, making it optimal for keeping spaces well-ventilated.
One of the distinguishing features of this mesh is its wire thickness. At 0.22mm, the wire is sturdy and robust. However, it’s important to note that where two wires intersect, the structure becomes thicker, ensuring added strength at junctions. This ensures that while the mesh remains lightweight, it doesn’t compromise on resilience.
The mesh features a hole size or aperture of 1.19mm. This size is meticulously chosen to prevent unwanted pests and debris from entering while ensuring free air flow. Its structure is such that it provides ample protection without inhibiting the primary purpose of a soffit vent.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Mesh Count = 18 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 324 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.22mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.19mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 71% The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – Can easily be cut with standard kitchen scissors. We suggest that you do the same
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheet in application is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
FAQs For This Product
Does The Mesh Allow For Adequate Moisture Escape?
Since the mesh has 71% open areas, it serves as an effective barrier against unwanted pests and debris while allowing moisture to escape and maintaining adequate ventilation, reducing the risk of moisture build-up and related problems. Due to its resistance to rust, stainless steel is durable in moist environments.
Is This Mesh Designed To Prevent Insects From Entering?
While this mesh was not specifically designed to prevent insects, its size and structure make it suitable for keeping them out. With its tight weave, the mesh effectively blocks larger pests and debris, but the tiniest insects might still find a way through. Consider the specific insects you’re trying to exclude when choosing a mesh size.
How Do I Install The Mesh For Soffit Vents?
This is a simple step-by-step guide to using this mesh for backing soffit vents:
- Measure the Vent Size: Begin by measuring the size of the soffit vent where you wish to install the mesh. Make sure to measure both the length and width accurately.
- Prepare the Mesh: Lay out the stainless steel mesh on a flat surface. If the sheet is larger than required, you’ll need to cut it down to fit your vent size.
- Cutting the Mesh: Using standard kitchen scissors, cut the mesh based on your measurements. It’s always a good idea to cut a little extra than the exact size to ensure a snug fit.
- Clean the Vent Area: Before adhering the mesh to the soffit vent, ensure the area is clean and free from any debris or dust. This ensures a stronger bond when attaching.
- Apply Adhesive: Use a strong adhesive suitable for metal and the material of your soffit. Apply a generous amount around the edges of the soffit vent. Alternatively, you can use double-sided tape if you’re looking for a less permanent solution.
- Position the Mesh: Carefully lay the cut mesh over the soffit vent, pressing firmly around the edges to ensure a secure bond with the adhesive. Make sure the mesh is flat and there are no bubbles or folds.
- Allow to Set: Depending on the adhesive used, you might need to allow some time for it to set and bond securely. Refer to the adhesive instructions for recommended drying times.
- Check for Gaps: Once installed, inspect the mesh to make sure there are no gaps or areas where pests or debris could get through. If any gaps are found, you can seal them with additional adhesive.
- Regular Maintenance: Periodically check the mesh for any signs of wear or damage. Given its durable nature, it should last a long time, but it’s always good to ensure it remains intact.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.