Coarse Stainless Steel Woven Mesh Wire
1.67mm hole coarse woven stainless steel mesh in top quality 304 grade made from 0.45mm wire. As you can see from the image, this is a coarse mesh specification. This mesh is fairly coarse, but the holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a coarse for any application. You would be able to bend this mesh by hand very easily. Once bent it would hold its shape.
Stainless steel woven wire mesh is a versatile material with many unique properties. This particular type of mesh is made from 304 stainless steel and has 12 holes per linear inch, each with a 1.5mm diameter. Its wire thickness is 0.56mm, making it both strong and durable. Despite its strength, stainless steel woven wire mesh can easily be cut with scissors, making it easy to adapt to a range of uses. Its coarse texture also lends itself well to rodent control, allowing for good airflow while keeping unwanted pests out. Whether you’re looking to keep rodents at bay or simply need a strong and versatile material for your next project, stainless steel woven wire mesh is a great choice.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 12
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 144
- Wire Thickness = 0.56mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.56mm
- Open Area % = 54%
- Cut With – Tin snips or standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
FAQs For This Woven Wire Mesh Product
Can I Cut This Mesh?
Yes. We would advise that you, like us, use kitchen scissors to cut this metal mesh. We have made a very short video to show how this can be done.
How Easy Is It To Bend?
This mesh has a malleable wire vs a fairly large open area. This means that the mesh is quite malleable and easy to handle and bend. Once bent it should hold its shape.
Which Is The Most Popular Grade Used For Stainless Mesh?
304 stainless steel is the most popular type of stainless steel woven wire mesh. It is widely used in various industries, including food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, and chemical processing, due to its excellent corrosion resistance, durability, and versatility.
304 stainless steel contains at least 18% chromium and 8% nickel, which creates a protective oxide layer on the surface of the material and gives it its corrosion resistance properties. Additionally, SS304 is easy to clean and maintain, making it ideal for applications in industries where hygiene is a top priority.
Which Is The Best Selling Woven Mesh?
In general, the best selling woven wire mesh type is probably our stainless steel insect mesh. This material is hugely popular, and not just for insect control.
It has 16 holes per linear inch and a 0.28mm wire thickness.
Which Is The Most Popular Rodent Control Mesh?
Our 1/4″ galvanised steel welded mesh (RatMesh) is the best selling rodent mesh material. This strong mesh is cut to various small roll sizes, which are ideal for blocking gaps and vents.
Check out our blog ‘easy steps to install rodent mesh roll in the home’ for a detailed dive into how this mesh can be used.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. The team at The Mesh Company are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.