Stainless Steel Woven Wire Screen Mesh
0.77mm hole coarse stainless steel woven wire screen mesh material in top quality 304 grade made from 0.5mm wire. As you can see from the image, this is a coarse mesh specification. This mesh is fairly coarse, but the holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a coarse for any application. You would be able to bend this mesh by hand very easily. Once bent it would hold its shape.
The wire screen is crafted from 304 grade woven wire mesh, a sturdy and reliable material known for its long-standing performance. With its coarse texture, reminiscent of kitchen sieve mesh, it offers a balance between visibility and protection. Each linear inch of the mesh features 20 holes or wires, accumulating to a total of 400 holes or wires per square inch. This ensures that while it’s coarse, it retains its strength and functionality.
With a wire thickness of 0.5mm, it strikes the right chord between flexibility and rigidity. The hole size or aperture is measured at 0.77mm, allowing for adequate passage of air and light while keeping unwanted elements at bay. This configuration ensures that 37% of the mesh area remains open, which is a testament to its ability to provide filtration without compromising on protection.
It can be easily cut using tin snips or even standard kitchen scissors, adding to its user-friendly nature.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 20
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 400
- Wire Thickness = 0.5mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.77mm
- Open Area % = 37%
- Cut With – Tin snips or standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
What Can Be Filtered Through This Wire Mesh Screen?
With an aperture of 0.77mm, the wire screen is best suited for sieving and filtering relatively coarse particles. Here’s what can typically be sieved through this hole size:
- Sand and Fine Gravel: The screen can effectively separate larger gravel particles from finer sand particles.
- Agricultural Grains: It can sort grains like millet, quinoa, or amaranth seeds, ensuring that debris or smaller impurities are filtered out.
- Herbs and Spices: Coarse ground spices such as pepper or larger seeds like coriander can be sifted to remove any impurities.
- Soil Sampling: The screen can help in separating small stones, pebbles, and organic materials from the soil.
- Coffee Grounds: For those roasting or grinding their coffee beans, this mesh can help in separating the larger chunks from finely ground coffee.
- Craft Materials: It’s suitable for sieving glitters, beads, or other crafting supplies to separate different sizes.
- Compost: When making compost, the screen can aid in removing larger organic matter from the finished product, resulting in a finer compost material.
- Plastic Granules: In the recycling industry, it can help segregate plastic granules based on size.
- Flour Milling: While it won’t separate the finest flours, it can help in filtering out larger impurities from coarser milled products.
- Aquatic Filters: It’s ideal for separating larger debris from water in aquarium filters or pond systems.
Is This Wire Screen Good For Filtering Coffee Grounds?
Wire screens with 0.77mm apertures work well for certain coffee grind sizes. When used with coarse grinds, such as those used in French press or cold brew, it can sift out finer particles that could cause bitterness. This mesh can help achieve a more uniform consistency for medium grinds typically used in drip coffee makers by removing excessively coarse or fine particles. For finer grinds, such as those used in espresso and AeroPress, the mesh might not be as effective due to its relatively large holes, which might allow both fine grounds and super-fine particles to pass through. It’s essential to consider the specific grind consistency desired in relation to the mesh’s aperture. It is best to test the wire screen with coffee grounds to determine its efficiency.
Espresso is typically ground very finely, almost like powdered sugar, but not as powdery as flour. Fine grinds ensure optimal extraction from espresso machines, which exert significant pressure on the grounds. A hole size of around 0.3mm to 0.5mm would be ideal for sifting or filtering espresso grounds.
Can I Use This Mesh For Filtering Liquids?
There is no doubt that the wire screen with its 0.77mm aperture is suitable for filtering liquids in a variety of applications. As a result, larger impurities or debris are effectively filtered out, allowing only finer particles or the liquid itself to pass through. In the food and beverage industry, it can be used to remove solid impurities from juices, broths, and other liquids. In the realm of agriculture, it’s practical for filtering water used in irrigation systems to prevent the clogging of emitters. Additionally, the mesh can be used for preliminary filtration in rainwater harvesting setups and homemade filtration systems. For applications that require finer filtration, such as purifying drinking water or removing microscopic impurities, additional or more refined filtration systems may be required. To avoid reactions or corrosion, make sure the wire screen’s material, in this case, 304 grade, is compatible with the liquid.
See also our massive range of 316 marine grade wire mesh. This is usually preferred when liquid is involved.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.