Ultra Fine Stainless Steel Mesh
0.074mm hole ultra fine stainless steel fine mesh material in top quality 304 grade made from 0.036mm wire. As you can see from the image, this is a fine mesh specification. The holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a fine mesh for any application. You would be able to bend and fold this mesh by hand very easily.
The ultra fine stainless steel mesh is crafted from high-quality stainless steel of the 304 grade, renowned for its durability and resistance to oxidation. With a configuration of 230 holes per linear inch and an impressive total of 52,900 holes per square inch, this mesh offers a finely woven structure ideal for intricate filtering and separation tasks. The individual wires have a thickness of 0.036mm, and the aperture size, or the gap between wires, measures at 0.074mm. This allows for an open area of 45%, striking a balance between filtration efficiency and airflow.
One of the standout features of this mesh is its adaptability to various applications. It can be seamlessly integrated into filtration systems or any application requiring a fine mesh structure. Given its high-grade material, it resists corrosion, ensuring longevity and consistent performance over time.
For those needing customization, the ultra fine stainless steel mesh is easy to handle. It can be cut using standard kitchen scissors. Interestingly, due to its fine structure, it’s also possible to tear it with fingertips to achieve the desired size, offering flexibility in its use. Whether for industrial, laboratory, or domestic applications, this mesh stands out for its precision, quality, and adaptability.
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 230
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch =52,900
- Wire Thickness = 0.036mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.074mm
- Open Area % = 45%
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors or fingers alone. We would use fingertips to tear this mesh to size
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
Can This Mesh Be Integrated Into Machinery For Filtering?
Certainly. Due to its intricacy, the ultra fine stainless steel mesh has 230 holes per linear inch, resulting in 52,900 holes per square inch. It is especially suitable for machinery that requires precision filtering due to its finely woven structure. The wire thickness of this mesh is only 0.036mm, with an aperture of only 0.074mm, which makes it exceptionally fine. This makes it ideal for capturing even the minutest particles but also means that care must be taken when integrating it into machinery to avoid undue stress or damage. It’s perfect for applications where high precision is necessary, but ensure that the machinery’s flow rates and pressures are compatible with such a delicate mesh to maintain its longevity and effectiveness.
Can I Use The Mesh For DIY Home Projects?
Yes, the ultra fine stainless steel mesh is versatile enough to be used for a variety of DIY home projects. Its fine structure and durability make it an ideal choice for projects that require precision filtering or decorative elements. Whether you’re creating window screens, designing jewelry, or building a homemade water or air filter, this mesh offers both flexibility and resilience. With the ability to be cut with standard kitchen scissors or even torn with fingertips, it’s user-friendly for hobbyists and DIY enthusiasts. Because of its fine nature, it’s important to handle it gently and make sure that it’s adequately supported or framed, especially in projects where it might bear weight or be handled frequently.
How Does The Mesh Compare To Other Grades Of Stainless Steel?
The ultra fine stainless steel mesh is made of 304-grade stainless steel, which is among the most widely used stainless steel grades. Here’s how it compares to other grades:
- Corrosion Resistance: 304-grade is known for its excellent corrosion resistance in most environments, especially against atmospheric conditions. While it’s resistant to many corrosive agents, it might be less so than, say, 316-grade, which contains molybdenum and offers higher resistance, particularly in saltwater or chloride environments.
- Heat Resistance: 304-grade can resist oxidation up to 870°C (1598°F) in intermittent service and up to 925°C (1697°F) in continuous service. Other grades might have varying heat resistances based on their compositions.
- Formability: One of the reasons 304-grade is popular is its excellent formability and weldability. It can be readily brake or roll-formed into various parts for applications.
- Strength: While 304-grade offers a good balance of strength and ductility, other grades like 301-grade might be slightly stronger due to higher carbon content. Conversely, grades like 316 might have slightly lower tensile strengths.
- Cost: Generally, 304-grade is more affordable than its 316 counterpart, but prices vary based on market dynamics.
- Magnetic Properties: Unlike some stainless steel grades, 304-grade is essentially non-magnetic when annealed. However, it can become slightly magnetic when cold worked.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.