Stainless Steel Wire Mesh
0.034mm hole stainless steel fine metal wire mesh cloth material in top quality 304 grade made from 0.03mm wire. As you can see from the image, this is a fine mesh specification. The holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a fine mesh for any application. You would be able to bend and fold this mesh by hand very easily.
Crafted with a wire thickness of just 0.03mm and an aperture size of 0.034mm, the mesh boasts an open area percentage of 30%. What does this mean for users? It means you get a product that offers unmatched precision while still maintaining a significant open area for applications requiring ventilation or filtration. But that’s not the end of its uniqueness. Unlike most meshes on the market, The Mesh Company’s stainless steel wire mesh is not only super fine but also exhibits a texture comparable to silk. Such a texture ensures a gentle touch, ideal for delicate tasks or applications.
One of the most striking benefits of this mesh is its adaptability. Whether you’re involved in scientific research, design, or even hobbyist activities, the stainless steel wire mesh is tailored to fit your needs. And when it comes to shaping and resizing, there’s no need for professional tools or expertise. Users can easily cut it using standard kitchen scissors, or even more impressively, by merely using their fingertips. Yes, you read that right! With just a gentle tear, you can resize this mesh to your desired dimensions.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 400
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch =160,000
- Wire Thickness = 0.03mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.034mm
- Open Area % = 30%
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors or fingers alone. We would use fingertips to tear this mesh to size
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
How Can I Resize The Mesh Using Just My Fingertips?
- Grip & Align: First, determine the size you require. Grip the mesh on either side of where you intend to tear it.
- Apply Pressure: Using your fingertips, apply a steady and gentle pressure on the area where you wish to tear. This will initiate a small tear.
- Tear Gradually: Once the tear has started, continue pulling gently and steadily with both hands. Ensure you tear along a straight line to maintain a neat edge.
- Smooth Edges: After tearing, you may want to smooth out any rough edges. This can be done by pressing the torn edge flat with your fingertips or using a soft tool.
We recently produce a brief guidance video to show how this can be done.
What Is The Maximum Temperature Stainless Steel Wire Mesh Can Withstand?
Grade 304 stainless steel can typically withstand temperatures up to about 870°C (1598°F) for short periods of time. However, at temperatures above 400°C (750°F), it may begin to experience some slight reduction in strength and, over prolonged exposure, may also experience structural changes.
It’s also worth noting that while 304 stainless steel retains its strength and structural integrity under high temperatures, it can become susceptible to scaling and might lose its lustrous appearance.
For applications where the mesh will be subjected to high temperatures, it’s important to consider both the duration of the exposure and the specific conditions to ensure the material maintains its performance and aesthetics. Always refer to manufacturer guidelines or technical data sheets to get specifics for any particular product or application.
What Does An Open Area Percentage Of 30% Indicate?
The open area percentage of a mesh, in this case, 30%, refers to the proportion of unobstructed space in the material relative to its total area. This figure provides insight into how much material vs. open space exists in the mesh structure.
For this 400 mesh, a 30% open area means:
- Porosity: 30% of the total area of the mesh is open space, while the remaining 70% is occupied by the stainless steel material itself. This gives an indication of how porous the mesh is.
- Filtration & Ventilation: A 30% open area strikes a balance between allowing substances (like air, liquids, or smaller particles) to pass through while retaining or blocking larger particles. This makes the mesh suitable for tasks requiring both filtration and ventilation.
- Transparency & Visibility: This percentage can also give an idea about the transparency of the mesh. While a 30% open area won’t provide complete transparency, for larger mesh types this will allow a certain level of visibility through the mesh. However, with 400 holes per inch, these holes are very small, and not very visible at all.
- Flexibility: The ratio of open area to material can impact the flexibility and handling characteristics of the mesh. A mesh with a higher open area percentage might be more pliable compared to one with a lower percentage. Again, this mesh is so fine that it is basically a silk like cloth.
- Weight & Thickness: Generally, a higher open area percentage could mean the mesh might be lighter in weight and might feel less thick, though this also depends on other factors like wire diameter.
- Aesthetic Appearance: The open area percentage can influence the visual appearance of the mesh, affecting its perceived density and pattern.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.