1/2″ x 19 Gauge Welded Wire Mesh
1/2″x 19 gauge galvanised welded wire mesh available here in various roll sizes to suit all applications. 19g welded wire mesh is hot-dipped galvanised, and it is sourced from high-quality manufacturers. The square holes in welded wire mesh provide more structure than chicken wire.
Galvanised steel welded wire mesh is an incredibly strong and durable material that is commonly used in a variety of construction projects. Its 1/2″ square size makes it ideal for creating barriers or enclosures, while its galvanisation protects against rust and corrosion.
The welding process used to create the mesh ensures that it is not only strong but also highly resistant to bending and breaking. Additionally, the square shape of the mesh allows it to provide stable support for a wide range of materials, making it an excellent choice for everything from garden fencing to industrial shelving.
Galvanised Steel Weld Mesh
The specifications for this metal mesh are as follows:
- Mesh Count = 1/2″ – 2 hole per linear inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 4 hole per square inch
- Wire Thickness = 19 gauge / 1mm
- Weight Per Square Metre = Approx 900g
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1/2″ / 13mm
- Cut With – We would cut this with tin snips
This is perhaps the most popular welded mesh specification there is. There are several reasons why this type of welded mesh is so popular:
- Security: The smaller mesh size of 1/2″ makes it more difficult for intruders to climb over or cut through the fence. This makes it a popular choice for security fencing in high-risk areas, such as prisons, military installations, and border security.
- Durability: It is highly resistant to corrosion, making it a durable option for outdoor applications. The galvanisation process involves coating the steel wire with a layer of zinc, which provides a protective barrier against rust and corrosion. Consequently this mesh roll can withstand exposure to harsh weather conditions and other outdoor elements.
- Versatility: It can be used to create fences, cages, partitions, and barriers. It is also easy to cut and shape, which makes it suitable for custom applications.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
Can I return the item if it’s not what I need?
Yes. We accept returns of unused products for 28 days of purchase.
How much is postage?
Free. All of our prices include standard UK delivery.
What Other Welded Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of weld mesh products in both galvanised and stainless steel. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
What Roll Options Are Available?
After carrying out fairly intensive market research, we landed upon 5 metres (15ft) as the optimum roll size to offer as standard.
Our 1/2″ galvanised welded wire mesh rolls are available in the following standard sizes:
- Small – 5 Metre x 600mm (16.5ft x 2ft)
- Medium – 5 Metre x 900mm (16.5ft x 3ft)
- Large – 5 Metre x 1200mm (16.5ft x 4ft)
How Easy Is It To Paint Welded Mesh?
Yes, 1/2″ galvanized welded wire mesh can be painted. However, there are a few important considerations to keep in mind:
- Preparation: Before painting the mesh, it is important to clean it thoroughly to remove any dirt, dust, or debris. This can be done using a wire brush or by washing the mesh with soap and water. Let the mesh dry completely before painting.
- Type of paint: The type of paint that should be used will depend on the specific application. It is important to choose a paint that is suitable for outdoor use and that is compatible with galvanized steel. We would always advise epoxy paints are a popular choice for painting galvanized steel, as they provide a durable and long-lasting finish.
- Application method: There are several methods that can be used to apply paint to 1/2″ galvanized welded wire mesh, including spraying, rolling, and brushing. The holes are 13mm in either direction, so you don’t have to worry too much about clogging the apertures.
- Maintenance: After painting the mesh, it is important to maintain it properly to ensure that the paint remains intact and does not peel or flake. This may involve periodic touch-ups or repainting as needed.
How Thick Is 19g Wire Mesh In mm?
The thickness of 19 gauge wire mesh can vary slightly depending on the type of material used. However, as a general rule, 19 gauge wire has a thickness of approximately 1mm.
How Do You Cut Welded Wire Mesh?
Welded wire mesh can be cut using a few different tools, depending on the thickness of the wire and the size of the mesh. Here are a few options for cutting welded wire mesh:
- Wire cutters: For smaller wire mesh with thinner wire, wire cutters can be used to snip through individual wires.
- Bolt cutters: Bolt cutters are heavy-duty cutters that can handle thicker wire and larger mesh sizes. They are designed to cut through bolts, chains, and other tough materials, so they are well-suited for cutting through welded wire mesh.
- Angle grinder: An angle grinder with a metal cutting wheel can also be used to cut welded wire mesh. This method is faster than using wire cutters or bolt cutters, but it may produce a rougher edge that requires smoothing with a file or sandpaper.
- Guillotine: It is also possible to cut this mesh on a guillotine, but this may be overly fiddly as the roll will naturally retain its curved shape.
We would use tin snips as this allows the mesh to be cut quickly and without too much manipulation.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about welded wire mesh for more information on this product. We also produced a guide explaining the difference between woven and welded wire mesh.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.