Weld Mesh Rolls
Galvanised weld mesh rolls available here as a handy sized 5 metre x 1200mm roll. Galvanised steel weld mesh is an essential component in myriad construction projects that requires durability and strength.
The 1/2″ size is particularly useful for a range of applications, from fencing to concrete reinforcement. The roll measures 5 metres in length and 1200mm in width, providing ample material for most DIY projects.
Galvanisation is the process of coating the steel in a layer of zinc, which protects it from corrosion and rust. This makes it particularly suitable for outdoor use where exposure to the elements is likely. With a strong and sturdy design, this galvanised steel weld mesh roll is an ideal choice for those constructing anything from small garden structures to larger industrial projects.
We also offer welded mesh in stainless steel if you require additional resistance to corrosion.
Galvanised Steel Weld Mesh
The specifications for this metal mesh are as follows:
- Roll Size = 5 metre x 1200mm
- Roll Weight = 5.5kgs
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1/2″ / 13mm
- Wire Thickness = 19 gauge / 1mm
- Mesh Count = 2 hole per linear inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 4 hole per square inch
- Cut With = Tin snips
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
Can I return the item if it’s not what I need?
Yes. We accept returns of unused products for 28 days of purchase.
How much is postage?
Free. All of our prices include standard UK delivery.
What Other Welded Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of weld mesh products in both galvanised and stainless steel. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
What Is Weld Mesh Used For?
Weld mesh is a type of mesh made from wires that are welded together where they meet and arranged in a grid pattern. It is also known as welded wire mesh, welded mesh, or weldmesh.
Our customers have used 1/2″ mesh for applications including:
- Security fencing: Weld mesh is often used in the construction of high-security fences and barriers for industrial, commercial, and residential properties.
- Animal enclosures: 1/2″ x 19g is used to create animal enclosures such as cages, aviaries, and kennels for pets, birds, and livestock.
- Construction: It has been used in construction as reinforcement for concrete slabs, columns, walls, and other structural elements.
- Landscaping: It is great for use in landscaping to create trellises, plant supports, and retaining walls.
How Do You Attach Weld Mesh?
Attaching 1/2″ weld mesh can be done using different methods depending on the specific application and the materials involved. Here are some common ways to attach 1/2″ weld mesh:
- Using hog rings: Hog rings are a type of fastener that can be used to attach weld mesh to a variety of materials such as wood, metal, or plastic. Hog rings are inserted through the mesh and then bent using hog ring pliers to secure the mesh to the material.
- Using U-nails or staples: U-nails or staples can be used to attach weld mesh to wooden posts or frames. They are inserted through the mesh and then hammered or stapled into the wooden material to secure the mesh.
- Using tie wire: Tie wire can be used to attach weld mesh to metal posts or frames. The wire is wrapped around the mesh and the post or frame, then twisted to secure the mesh in place.
- Using zip ties: Zip ties are a quick and easy way to attach weld mesh to a variety of materials. They are inserted through the mesh and then tightened using pliers to secure the mesh to the material.
Why Do Plasters Use Mesh?
Plasters use welded wire mesh as a reinforcement material for plastering walls and ceilings. The mesh helps to provide additional strength and support to the plaster, preventing it from cracking or breaking over time. Here are some reasons why plasterers use welded wire mesh:
- Strength: As outlined above, welded wire mesh is a strong and durable material that provides added strength to plaster, especially in areas that are prone to cracking or breaking.
- Stability: Quality wire mesh helps to stabilize the plaster surface and prevent it from shifting or moving over time.
- Flexibility: The welds at each joining point create a flexible mesh that can conform to different shapes and curves, making it ideal for use on irregular or curved surfaces.
- Time-saving: Using welded wire mesh can save time during the plastering process, as it provides a smooth and even surface for plaster application, reducing the need for extensive preparation work.
- Cost-effective: Welded wire mesh is an affordable option for reinforcing plaster and can help to extend the lifespan of the plaster, reducing the need for frequent repairs or replacements.
What Is 1/2″ In mm?
1/2 inch is equal to 12.7 millimetres (mm).
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about welded wire mesh for more information on this product. We also produced a guide explaining the difference between woven and welded wire mesh.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.