Welded Mesh Fencing
Galvanised welded mesh fencing available here as a handy sized 5 metre x 1200mm units. 19g welded wire mesh is hot dipped galvanised, and it is sourced from high-quality manufacturers. The square holes in welded wire mesh provide more structure than chicken wire. When you need welded mesh fencing for your next project, choose the 1″ galvanised welded mesh fencing 5 metre x 1200mm roll for a reliable and sturdy solution. This welded mesh fencing product is perfect for keeping pets or animals from straying from your property and provides an extra layer of security against intruders. The low-carbon steel construction means that it is corrosion resistant and built to last. Furthermore, this product comes with welded edges and a fully galvanised finish that offers additional protection to the welds and prevents bending during installation.
The specifications for this metal mesh are as follows:
- Roll Size = 5 metre x 1200mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1″ / 25mm
- Wire Thickness = 19 gauge / 1mm
- Mesh Count = 1 hole per linear inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 2 hole per square inch
- Cut With = Tin snips
Available Roll Sizes
Our mesh rolls are available in the following standard sizes:
- Small – 5 Metre x 600mm (16.5ft x 2ft)
- Medium – 5 Metre x 900mm (16.5ft x 3ft)
- Large – 5 Metre x 1200mm (16.5ft x 4ft)
Lightweight wire mesh fence is ideal for small animal enclosures such as rabbit runs and chicken coops. Besides garden applications, it can also be used for light-weight mesh wire fencing. A welded mesh has slightly more structure and rigidity than chicken wire netting as it is made from the same 19 gauge wire (1mm thick). The mesh is hot-dipped galvanised in order to protect it from rust.
We advise that this wire mesh can be used to build protective fences to ensure animals and livestock are always safe. You can also use wire fencing as a means of protecting a designated outdoor space from intruders. Galvanised square or hexagonal wire is typically used for mesh fencing so that it can keep its shape for decades.
Garden wire is available in many sizes and materials, either rolled or as single panels. Wire mesh fencing is an ideal application for this product.
Galvanised Steel Welded Mesh
The mesh is made from mild steel that has been hot dipped in zinc to give it a galvanised finish that protects it from the elements. Welded mesh is perfect for appliances such as chicken coops and rabbit runs, garden wire fencing, fruit cages, and much more because of its zinc coating.
It is important to note that ‘Galvanised Steel’ and ‘Galvanized Steel’ refer to the same finish. Mesh netting of this type is not available in stainless steel.
As a result of the galvanised finish, the item is resistant to rust and corrosion. Welded wire mesh of this size is suitable for medium-duty fencing, boundary fences, pet enclosures, and fox proofing.
Designed for medium-duty fencing applications, the welded mesh fencing material is a tough and strong galvanised mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Garden Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of garden wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of welded mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Wire fencing, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
FAQs For This Product
How To Install Welded Mesh Fencing
Installing 1″ galvanised steel welded mesh fencing involves several steps. Here is a general outline of the process:
- Measure the area where you want to install the fence to determine how much fencing material you will need.
- Purchase the necessary materials, including the galvanised steel mesh panels, posts, and any hardware needed for installation.
- Mark out the fence line using stakes and string. This will give you a clear idea of where to place the posts.
- Dig post holes using a post hole digger or auger. The depth and width of the holes will depend on the height of the fence and the type of soil you have. As a general rule, holes should be at least 1/3 the height of the post and 1 1/2 times the width of the post.
- Place the posts in the holes and fill them with concrete. Make sure the posts are level and plumb before allowing the concrete to set.
- Once the concrete has set, attach the mesh panels to the posts using wire ties or fencing staples. Start at one end of the fence and work your way down, ensuring that the panels are straight and level.
- When you reach the end of a panel, cut it to size using wire cutters or bolt cutters.
- Continue attaching the panels to the posts until the entire fence is complete.
- Install any additional hardware needed for the fence, such as gates, hinges, and latches.
- Finally, inspect the fence to ensure that it is secure and free of any defects. Make any necessary adjustments or repairs as needed.
How Long Does Welded Wire Fencing Last?
The lifespan of a welded wire fence depends on a variety of factors such as the quality of the materials used, the installation method, and the maintenance practices employed.
Galvanised welded wire fences are known for their durability and resistance to rust and corrosion. They are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions and exposure to the elements.
Generally, a well-maintained welded wire fence can last for 20-30 years or more. However, the lifespan can vary depending on the specific conditions the fence is exposed to. For example, a fence installed in an area with high humidity, salt spray, or harsh chemicals may have a shorter lifespan than one installed in a drier, less corrosive environment.
Does Wire Fencing Go Outside Of Fence Posts Or Inside?
We advise that wire fencing can be installed on the outside or the inside of the fence posts, depending on the specific needs and preferences of the installer.
Installing the fencing on the outside of the posts is generally easier and quicker, as it does not require as much precision in aligning the fence panels with the posts. However, this method can leave the sharp ends of the wire exposed on the outside of the fence, which may pose a safety risk to people or animals.
Installing the fencing on the inside of the posts provides a neater appearance, as the fence panels are flush with the posts and there are no exposed wire ends. This method also provides greater security, as the fence is more difficult to climb from the outside. However, installing the fencing on the inside can be more time-consuming and requires more precision in aligning the panels with the posts.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about welded wire mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
Fence posts and tools will need to be purchased separately.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.