Pure Fine Copper Mesh (99%)
We weave this 0.263mm hole fine copper mesh from solid copper wire. We love working with copper mesh. It is so soft to cut and use compared to the stainless equivalent.
Looking for the perfect solution to your RFI screening needs? Look no further than pure copper fine mesh woven wire by The Mesh Company. With a 0.26mm hole and 0.16mm wire, this fine copper mesh can effectively screen out unwanted interference while allowing for air and light to pass through. With a remarkable 60 holes per linear inch, this copper mesh offers unparalleled screening capabilities that are sure to meet and exceed your expectations. Whether you’re looking to build a robust RFI screening system or simply need to enhance the performance of your current setup, The Mesh Company’s pure copper fine mesh has got you covered.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 60
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 3,600
- Wire Thickness = 0.16mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.263mm
- Open Area % = 39%
- Cut With – Scissors. We would use scissors
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Chicken wire, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
Can I Use This For EMI Screening?
Yes, copper with 60 holes per linear inch can be used for EMI (electromagnetic interference) screening purposes. Material density is determined by the number of holes per linear inch, also known as mesh count or mesh size.
Copper is an excellent conductor of electricity and has good electromagnetic shielding properties.
A mesh count of 60 holes per linear inch indicates a relatively fine woven pattern, offering higher density and smaller openings compared to lower mesh counts. This fine mesh size helps to prevent the passage of electromagnetic waves at certain frequencies while allowing airflow and visibility.
Copper mesh sheets can be used in various applications, including electronic enclosures, computer cabinets, equipment racks, shielding for sensitive electronic components, and communication devices. By preventing external interference and minimizing unwanted electromagnetic emissions, it helps contain electromagnetic radiation within the enclosure.
It is important to ensure proper installation and grounding when using copper mesh sheets for EMI screening. To conduct electromagnetic currents, the sheets must be securely attached to the desired surfaces and connected to a suitable grounding system.
It is worth noting that the specific application and the desired level of EMI shielding effectiveness may require different mesh sizes or additional measures such as gaskets, conductive coatings, or specialized shielding materials. You can determine the most appropriate solution for your specific requirements by consulting with an EMI shielding specialist or engineer.
How Would I Cut This Mesh?
Can Fine Copper Mesh Be Welded?
Fine copper woven wire mesh can be welded, but it requires careful consideration and specialized techniques due to the properties of copper.
Copper has a high thermal conductivity, which means it conducts heat very effectively. This characteristic can make welding copper challenging because it dissipates heat quickly, making it more difficult to achieve a strong and consistent weld.
When welding fine copper woven wire mesh, it is essential to use a welding method suitable for copper and take certain precautions:
- TIG Welding (Tungsten Inert Gas Welding): Due to its precision control of heat input, TIG welding is often preferred for welding copper. To protect the welding area from oxidation, it uses a non-consumable tungsten electrode and an inert gas shield. Copper welding filler wire and a specialized welding machine are required when TIG welding copper.
- Proper Preparation: Make sure that the copper woven wire mesh is clean and free from contaminants such as oil, dirt, or oxidation before welding. Preparing the mesh surface requires a suitable cleaning method, such as wire brushing or solvent cleaning.
- Welding Parameters: Set the welding parameters, including current, voltage, and travel speed, according to the specific requirements of the copper mesh and the welding equipment being used. It may be necessary to adjust the parameters to balance heat input and prevent excessive heat dissipation.
- Heat Control: Controlling the heat input is crucial to a successful weld. Welds that are heated too much can be distorted, burned through, or weakened. In order to manage the heat effectively, you can pulse the current or use shorter welding cycles.
- Backing or Fixturing: It may be necessary to use a backing material or fixturing to support the copper mesh during welding, depending on the application. To ensure consistent welding, this prevents warping or distortion.
- Practice and Experience: It takes skill and experience to weld copper. To ensure satisfactory results, practice on scrap pieces or seek guidance from experienced welders.
Check out our blog ‘the myriad benefits of pure copper wire mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We have also provided a detailed article on using copper mesh for RFI and RMI shielding.
Also, we have an ever expanding YouTube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.