Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Woven Wire Mesh
11.1mm hole heavy duty wire mesh in top quality 316 grade stainless steel. The image demonstrates that this is a heavy woven mesh specification. 11.1mm aperture is very large to be woven mesh, as a consequence it requires a very thick wire to produce.
The marine grade quality of this mesh ensures that it can withstand harsh oceanic conditions without rusting or deteriorating over time. With a hole size of 11.1mm and a wire thickness of 1.6mm, this mesh is ideal for filtering and screening large debris, while still allowing for adequate water flow. Additionally, there are 2 holes per linear inch, making it an efficient option for industrial or marine use. The fact that one side of the mesh is lay flat adds to its versatility and ease of use.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Mesh Count = 2 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 4 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 1.6mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 11.1mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 76%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with a guillotine or angle grinder
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
Copper, brass, black, and galvanised steel wire mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices. See our blog for specific information on all of our various material options.
FAQs For This Product
Why Is This Marine Grade Stainless Steel?
316 grade woven wire mesh is commonly referred to as “marine grade” because it is highly resistant to corrosion, making it ideal for use in marine environments where it is exposed to saltwater and other corrosive elements.
The 316 grade stainless steel contains higher levels of chromium, nickel, and molybdenum than other grades of stainless steel, which enhances its corrosion resistance. The addition of molybdenum, in particular, helps to prevent corrosion from chloride ions, which are present in saltwater and can cause significant damage to lesser grades of stainless steel.
Due to its exceptional resistance to corrosion, 316 grade woven wire mesh is commonly used in marine applications such as boat fittings, offshore drilling rigs, and seawater intake screens. It is also used in the food processing industry, medical equipment, and other applications where resistance to corrosion is critical.
This wire mesh is stocked because it is used on oil rigs. That should explain just how strong and resistant to sea water it is.
What Can Be Done With This Mesh?
Because this mesh has one side that is lay-flat it is often used as a grill replacement.
As with all woven wire mesh, the standard application is usually filtering media, or sieving or one kind or another. This mesh would make a fantastic soil sieving media.
Do You Offer Any Other Metal Mesh With A Similar Hole Size?
Not in woven wire mesh.
However we do offer the following options with a 10mm hole:
- 10mm round hole perforated aluminium sheet – 2mm thickness
- 10mm round hole perforated aluminium sheet – 3mm thickness
- 10mm square hole perforated galvanised sheet – 1.5mm thickness
- 10mm round hole perforated galvanised sheet – 1.5mm thickness
- 10mm square hole perforated mild steel sheet – 1.5mm thickness
- 10mm round hole perforated mild steel sheet – 3mm thickness
- 10mm square hole perforated stainless sheet – 1mm thickness
- 10mm round hole perforated stainless sheet – 1mm thickness
These specifications are very strong, and would be a great alternative to the woven wire equivalent of this listing.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.