Stainless Steel Soffit Vent Mesh
1.31mm hole coarse woven insect screen soffit vent mesh in top quality 304 grade made from 0.28mm wire.
Are you tired of pesky insects infiltrating your home or business? Look no further than The Mesh Company’s stainless steel insect mesh. With 16 holes per linear inch, a wire diameter of 0.28mm, and an aperture of 1.31mm, this top quality product will effectively block unwanted visitors while allowing air flow and visibility. Made with the highest standards of durability and precision, you can trust The Mesh Company’s stainless steel insect mesh to provide an effective and long-lasting solution.
As you can see from the image, this is a coarse mesh specification. This mesh is fairly coarse, but the holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a coarse for any application. You would be able to bend this mesh by hand very easily. Once bent it would hold its shape.
Wire Mesh Specification
The specifications of this stainless steel fly mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 16
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 256
- Wire Thickness = 0.28mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 1.31mm
- Open Area % = 68%
- Cut With – Tin snips or standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Insect Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of insect mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
How Do I Use This Insect Mesh?
Using insect mesh for a soffit vent is a simple process that involves the following steps:
- Measure the opening of the soffit vent where you want to install the insect mesh. Cut a piece of insect mesh that is slightly larger than the opening. This allows you some wriggle room on the design, and you can fold down the edges to make the mesh more taught.
- Position the insect mesh over the opening and use a staple gun or small nails to attach it to the surrounding wood or metal frame.
- Trim the excess mesh around the edges of the opening with a pair of scissors or a sharp knife. We would use scissors.
- Inspect the installation to ensure that there are no gaps or holes in the mesh where insects or debris could enter.
- Clean the mesh periodically to remove any dirt or debris that may accumulate on its surface and potentially restrict airflow. This will happen as the mesh acts like a filter.
Can I Use It For Windows?
Yes, stainless steel insect mesh is a suitable material for use in windows to keep insects out while allowing air to flow freely.
Stainless steel insect mesh is durable, rust-resistant, and can withstand harsh environmental conditions, making it a long-lasting solution for window screens. It also has a fine mesh size that is effective at preventing insects from entering the building, including even the smallest ones like mosquitoes and gnats.
Stainless Steel vs Aluminium Insect Mesh
Both stainless steel and aluminium insect mesh have their advantages and disadvantages when it comes to their use as window screens. Here are some key differences between the two materials:
- Durable and long-lasting
- Resistant to rust and corrosion
- Fine mesh size prevents even the smallest insects from entering
- Can withstand exposure to harsh environmental conditions
- More expensive than aluminium mesh
- Heavier than aluminium mesh, which may require additional support for larger screens
- Can be more difficult to work with due to its strength and stiffness
- Lightweight and easy to work with
- Less expensive than stainless steel mesh
- Resistant to rust and corrosion
- Potentially available in a variety of colours
- Not as durable as stainless steel mesh
- May be more prone to denting or bending
- May not be as effective at keeping out small insects due to larger mesh size. We would not recommend this for midges or mosquitoes
We would also be happy to recommend aluminium insect mesh because it has proven over the years to be the most popular option overall. However, stainless steel will last longer and is available in a far greater range of options.
Check out our blog everything that you need to know about stainless steel insect mesh for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about soffit vent mesh. This is a common use for insect mesh of all types.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.