Stainless Steel Woven Mesh Filter Screen
0.212mm hole stainless steel fine mesh filter screen in top quality 304 grade made from 0.1mm wire. As you can see from the image, this is a fine mesh specification. The holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a fine mesh for any application. You would be able to bend and fold this mesh by hand very easily.
The fine filter mesh is made from 304 stainless steel, designed primarily for precision filtration applications. With a hole count of 84 wires per linear inch, this mesh boasts 7,056 holes per square inch, ensuring fine particle filtration. The wire thickness stands at 0.09mm, paired with a hole size or aperture of 0.212mm. With an open area percentage of 49%, it provides a balance between effective filtration and adequate flow. One of its standout features is its ease of customisation; it can be effortlessly cut to size with standard kitchen scissors, accommodating various needs and dimensions. The inherent quality of 304 stainless steel ensures durability, rust-resistance, and longevity. Given its finesse, this mesh is particularly suited for applications where very fine particle separation is required, be it in laboratory environments, culinary processes, or industrial settings. In a world where precision is paramount, this fine filter mesh serves as a reliable tool for effective and efficient particle filtration.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 84
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch =7,056
- Wire Thickness = 0.09mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.212mm
- Open Area % = 49%
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
What Fluid Flow Rates Can This Screen Handle?
A mesh filter screen’s fluid flow rate is largely determined by its design and the fluid’s properties. The 49% open area of this screen allows for a decent flow rate capacity. Its aperture size of 0.212mm, designed for fine particle filtration, can somewhat restrict flow rates due to increased resistance. Under fluid pressure, the stainless steel screen resists deformation with a wire thickness of 0.09mm, ensuring consistent flow. Flow rate is also affected by fluid viscosity: less viscous fluids, like water, flow more easily than thicker fluids, like oils. Finally, the operating pressure within the system can affect the overall flow rate through the screen.
How Does The Mesh Filter Screen Impact Fluid Pressure?
The mesh filter screen can impact fluid pressure in several ways, primarily based on its design characteristics and the system it’s integrated into. Here’s a straightforward explanation:
When a fluid, whether it’s air, water, or another liquid, passes through the mesh filter screen, its flow encounters resistance due to the screen’s weave and aperture size. This resistance can lead to a pressure drop across the screen. Specifically:
- Mesh Open Area: A higher open area percentage allows for more fluid flow, generally resulting in a lower pressure drop. Conversely, a mesh with a smaller open area can cause a more significant pressure drop due to increased resistance.
- Aperture Size: The finer the mesh (smaller aperture size), the greater the resistance to fluid flow. As such, finer meshes can lead to higher pressure drops compared to coarser meshes.
- Screen Cleanliness: As particles accumulate on the mesh filter screen, they can obstruct fluid flow, increasing the pressure drop. Regular cleaning or replacement of the screen is essential to maintain consistent fluid pressure and prevent clogging.
- Fluid Viscosity: More viscous fluids will experience a greater pressure drop compared to less viscous ones when passing through the same mesh screen.
- Flow Rate: Higher flow rates can amplify the pressure drop across the mesh due to the increased volume and speed of the fluid.
Can I Use The Filter Mesh For Air Filtration?
It is possible to filter air using a mesh filter screen. Due to its fine weave, it effectively captures and separates fine particles from the air. It allows air to flow while trapping contaminants when used in air filtration systems. With consistent air exposure, its rust-resistance ensures durability. It is important to note, however, that the effectiveness of the mesh filter screen in air filtration depends on the specific particle size you wish to remove. The mesh aperture size should align with the particle size you wish to capture for optimal performance. Airflow and filtration efficiency are also ensured over time by regular cleaning and maintenance of the screen.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.