Stainless Steel Fine Wire Mesh
0.123mm hole stainless steel fine wire mesh in top quality 304 grade made from 0.052mm wire. As you can see from the image, this is a fine mesh specification. The holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a fine mesh for any application. You would be able to bend and fold this mesh by hand very easily.
The stainless steel fine wire mesh is a meticulously crafted product of 304-grade quality, known for its resilience and durability. With holes amounting to 145 per linear inch, and a staggering 21,025 per square inch, it stands as a testament to precision engineering. This mesh boasts a wire thickness of 0.052mm and an aperture size of 0.123mm, making it both sturdy and refined in its design.
One of the outstanding features of this mesh is its open area percentage of 49%. This ensures optimal airflow and fluidity, making it suitable for a range of applications requiring such fine filtrations or separations.
Wire Cloth Specification
The specifications of this woven wire mesh are as below:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 145
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 21,025
- Wire Thickness = 0.052mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.123mm
- Open Area % = 49%
- Cut With – Standard kitchen scissors or fingers alone. We would use fingertips to tear this mesh to size
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
What Other Woven Mesh Options Are Available?
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of woven wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require.
FAQs For This Product
Is The Mesh Suitable For Filtration Purposes?
Yes, the stainless steel fine wire mesh is eminently suitable for filtration purposes. Its precision, defined by 145 holes per linear inch and 21,025 holes per square inch, guarantees meticulous filtration. Due to its 0.123mm aperture size, it effectively filters out very small particles, making it ideal for applications that require fine and consistent filtration. 304-grade stainless steel, combined with the durability and chemical resistance of this mesh, makes it an ideal choice for a broad range of filtration applications.
How Resistant Is Stainless Steel Fine Wire Mesh To Heat Or Fire?
304-grade stainless steel fine wire mesh exhibits good heat resistance. 304-grade stainless steel can withstand continuous temperatures up to 870°C (1598°F) and intermittent temperatures up to 925°C (1697°F). However, its strength tends to decrease at elevated temperatures.
Furthermore, stainless steel is non-combustible and does not ignite or burn. Fire or high temperatures can cause it to get hot, but it won’t catch fire. When exposed to prolonged high heat, stainless steel can also discolor or tarnish. Discoloration, often in a bluish hue, does not affect the material’s structural integrity, but it can affect its appearance.
Does The Thinness Of The Wire Affect Heat Resistance?
Yes, the thinness of the wire can affect its heat resistance and overall behavior under elevated temperatures. Here’s how:
- Thermal Conductivity: Thin wires heat up more quickly than thicker ones due to their reduced mass. This means that a fine mesh will reach elevated temperatures more rapidly when exposed to heat.
- Structural Integrity: Thin wires are generally more susceptible to deformation under heat. When exposed to high temperatures, the fine mesh might sag or lose its shape more quickly than a mesh made of thicker wires.
- Oxidation and Discoloration: Thin wires have a larger surface area relative to their volume. As a result, they can be more prone to oxidation or discoloration when exposed to high temperatures, especially if the environment is rich in oxygen or certain chemicals.
- Cooling Rate: Just as they heat up faster, thin wires also cool down more rapidly. Rapid cooling can sometimes lead to uneven contractions in the material, potentially leading to warping or distortion.
- Durability Over Repeated Heat Cycles: If the mesh is repeatedly heated and cooled (as might be the case in certain industrial applications), the thin wires might experience fatigue faster than thicker wires. Over time, this can reduce the mesh’s overall lifespan.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.