Stainless Steel Heavy Gauge Wire Mesh
2.28mm hole heavy gauge wire mesh in top quality 304 grade stainless steel made from 0.9mm wire. As you can see from the image, this is a heavy woven mesh specification. 2.28mm aperture is fairly large to be woven to form a mesh netting, as a consequence it requires a thick wire to produce.
Below is a quick breakdown of the key characteristics of this type of stainless steel mesh:
- Bending & Forming – Good. You could bend this mesh by hand and it would retain its shape
- Corrosion Resistance – Very good. 304 grade stainless steel offers good resistance to many corrosive elements, however 316 is preferable for marine and aquatic applications
- Heat Resistance – Good. 304 grade stainless steel offers a good level of resistance to heat
- Machinability – Good. Mild steel is the metal choice for many forms of machining and grinding, but stainless steel can also offer good results
- Welding – Very good. You could easily weld with this mesh to suit your requirements
- Painting – Poor. We suggest that a mild steel product is used when a layer of paint needs to be applied. Galvanised and stainless steel will not take paint
Sieve For Soil
Below are the specifications of this 2.28mm hole heavy gauge wire mesh:
- Mesh Count = 8 holes per linear inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 64 holes per square inch
- Wire Thickness = 0.9mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 2.28mm
- Open Area % = 51%
- Cut With – Tin snips, guillotine or angle grinder
You would be able to use this mesh as a sieve to filter out any particle that you require smaller than 2.28mm. Makes a great sieve for soil.
About The Mesh
You will find this metal mesh to be of interest if you require very strong product for a filtration application. The stainless steel wire used to make this heavy duty mesh is 304 grade, which provides excellent corrosion resistance.
Due to the thick wire diameter of this 2.28mm hole heavy gauge wire mesh would be ideal for rodent proofing, but would not be suitable for use as insect mesh.
Cutting would require the use of industrial tools. We cut this thickness of steel mesh using a guillotine in our factory.
Plain weave is the main type of wire mesh offered by The Mesh Company. This mesh is produced by crossing each warp wire alternately above and below every weft wire and vice versa. Warp and weft wires are normally of the same diameter.
Most commercial applications and filtration systems requiring high flow rates use this type of mesh.
We suggest that you look into the products in our welded mesh section if you require a mesh product where the wires are fixed in place. Welded mesh is commonly available in galvanised steel, but we also offer stainless steel.
SS304 is a non-magnetic stainless steel grade. Magnets will not stick to this grade of metal. In industry, this is the most common stainless steel grade. A huge variety of applications are possible with this product.
SS304 also has outstanding forming and welding characteristics.
This grade of stainless steel is austenitic. This means that when it is cool the iron element remains in the form of austenite (gamma iron). This is a phase of iron that is nonmagnetic.
Above all, 304 grade stainless steel is long lasting in almost all environments. For instance, this mesh would last for upwards of 20 years if used for standard internal applications.
You will find the range of mesh panel sizes available here offer a wide range of options, that have been designed to suit most requirements. Please be advised that the majority of woven mesh is usually available in a maximum roll size of 30 metres by 1200mm. Please email us if you wish to discuss purchasing these larger sheets – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to call us if you wish to discuss any of our products – (+ 44) 01925 406 602. We are always happy to help in any way that we are able to.
We also offer this product through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.