Woven Wire Mild Steel Mesh
0.82mm hole coarse mild steel mesh made from 0.23mm wire. This wire is fairly fine to be woven to form a mesh netting, as a consequence it is fairly light and delicate.
Specification Of This Mesh:
- Mesh Count = 24 holes per linear inch. The amount of holes measured against a straight line inch
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 576 holes per square inch. The amount of holes per linear inch squared
- Wire Thickness = 0.23mm. The thickness of each wire. The structure is thicker than this where two wires meet
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.82mm. This is the square hole size from wire to wire
- Open Area % = 61%. The amount of the mesh that is open. The higher this number the more open a mesh is. This is a very high open area%
- Cut With – We cut this mesh with tin snips. We suggest that you do the same
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes.
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
We also offer a massive range of mild steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce mild steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheets are commonly often used in applications where the passing of air is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Chicken wire, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
FAQs For This Product
How Do I Fabricate Mild Steel Mesh?
Mild steel mesh can be fabricated using various methods, including:
- Welding: Mild steel mesh can be welded to create strong and durable structures. Welding methods such as MIG, TIG, and spot welding can be used, depending on the application and the thickness of the wire.
- Cutting: Mild steel mesh can be cut to size using various cutting tools, including wire cutters, metal saws, and plasma cutters.
- Forming: Mild steel mesh can be formed into various shapes and configurations, such as cylinders or cones, by bending and shaping the wire.
Can I Remove Rust From Mild Steel Mesh?
Yes. The Mesh Company always recommend the following steps to clean corrosion from steel mesh:
- Prepare a cleaning solution: Mix equal parts of water and vinegar or lemon juice in a container. Alternatively, you can use a commercial rust remover that is safe for mild steel.
- Dip the wire mesh into the cleaning solution: Immerse the wire mesh in the cleaning solution and allow it to soak for several minutes. This will help to loosen the rust and make it easier to remove.
- Scrub the wire mesh: Using a stiff-bristled brush, scrub the wire mesh to remove the rust. Be sure to scrub in the direction of the wires to avoid damaging them.
- Rinse the wire mesh: Rinse the wire mesh thoroughly with water to remove any remaining rust and cleaning solution.
- Dry the wire mesh: Use a clean towel or air dry the wire mesh.
What Applications Are There For This Mesh?
We advise that this coarse woven wire mesh can be used for filtration and sieving applications.
Wire mesh with such a small opening size (0.82mm) can be used for screening and separating various materials, such as sand, gravel and powders. Although we would suggest employing a stainless steel mesh for the latter application.
The mesh can be used as a filter medium to separate solid particles from liquids or gases. This can be useful in industries such as water treatment, oil and gas, or pharmaceuticals.
Check out our blog ‘the versatile nature of mild steel woven wire mesh’ for more information on this range of products.
Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers. Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.