Stainless Steel Wire Gauze
0.81mm hole stainless steel coarse wire gauze mesh in top quality 304 grade made from 0.46mm wire. As you can see from the image, this is a coarse mesh specification. This gauze is fairly coarse, but the holes are very small and not especially visible by naked eye. It is of interest to anyone who needs a coarse for any application. You would be able to bend this gauze by hand very easily. Once bent it would hold its shape.
Stainless steel woven wire mesh is a versatile and durable material that has a wide range of applications. With 20 holes per linear inch and a wire gauge of 0.46mm, this wire gauze is built to last and provide reliable performance. The 0.81mm hole size makes it suitable for use in a range of applications, from filtering liquids and gases, to providing a durable and corrosion-resistant surface for flooring or fencing. What sets this stainless steel woven wire mesh apart is its quality. It has been carefully crafted to provide the best possible performance and durability, and is backed by years of experience and expertise.
With a massive range of woven wire mesh specifications available, it’s easy to find the perfect fit for your needs from The Mesh Company. Whether you need a standard size or a custom solution, this top-quality material is sure to meet your every requirement.
Metal Mesh Kitchen Strainer
Below are the specifications of this 0.81mm hole coarse mesh:
- Holes / Wires Per Linear Inch = 20
- Holes / Wires Per Square Inch = 400
- Wire Thickness = 0.46mm
- Hole Size / Aperture = 0.81mm
- Open Area % = 41%
- Cut With – Tin snips or standard kitchen scissors. We would use scissors to cut this to size
Makes a fabulous kitchen strainer. Can filter out particles that are 0.82mm or larger.
Wait!! Before you order your mesh please first check out our clearance listing which is where we put all of our over-run bargain rolls at reduced prices. You never know, you might find just the roll that you need for your purposes
Why Choose The Mesh Company?
Our group have been in the mesh industry for over 150 years. We are one of the UK’s most trusted mesh suppliers because:
- Quality products: We offer high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Wide range of products: We are known for offering a wide range of products, including mesh, fencing, netting, and other related products.
- Experienced staff: Our staff are knowledgeable, experienced, and can provide expert advice and assistance to customers. This can be especially helpful for customers who are unsure about which product to choose or who have specific requirements. We also regular write blogs and help guides to help explain what our materials can be used for.
- Competitive prices: We are sure that our prices are always the lowest around. This makes us an attractive option for customers who are looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Customer service: The Mesh Company place a high priority on service and offer excellent support and assistance to our customers. This can help to ensure that you will have a positive experience when working with The Mesh Company.
We also offer a massive range of 304 stainless steel perforated metal sheet options from immediate stock. In order to produce stainless steel perforated metal sheet, flat sheet metal is punched with round or square holes. Perforated sheet in application is required. Because the holes are punched, it is possible to have a far stronger finished metal product than it would be for the equivalent thickness in woven or welded mesh.
The Mesh Company has an enormous range of wire mesh products. We truly are an industry leader among suppliers of weld mesh and woven wire materials. With the capabilities we have in-house, we can provide virtually anything you require. Chicken wire, insect meshing and rodent mesh materials are also available in large stock quantities at bargain prices.
We also offer similar products through our highly popular eBay store, check us out there too.
FAQs For This Product
What Is Stainless Steel Woven Wire Gauze Used For?
0.81mm hole 304 grade stainless steel woven wire gauze can be used for a variety of applications that require a medium to fine mesh. Here are some examples of how this type of gauze may be used:
- Filtration: 0.81mm hole 304 grade stainless steel woven wire gauze can be used as a filter medium for liquids, gases, or solids. It can be used to remove impurities, separate particles, or control the flow of fluids in a wide range of industries, including food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals. This is an excellent filter mesh material.
- Screening: This type of gauze can be used to screen or sift materials of different sizes. It can be used to separate solids from liquids, classify materials by size or shape, or remove unwanted particles from a mixture.
- Straining: 0.81mm hole 304 grade stainless steel woven wire gauze can be used as a strainer to remove larger particles or debris from a fluid or gas. It can be used in industries such as agriculture, mining, and wastewater treatment.
This mesh has the feel of a kitchen sieve. It is an excellent filtration media.
What Is The Difference Between Wire Mesh & Wire Gauze?
Wire mesh and wire gauze are both types of woven wire products, but they have some differences in their construction, properties, and uses.
Wire mesh typically refers to a flat sheet woven wire that has a regular pattern of openings or holes. The wire is woven together in a crisscross pattern to create a grid-like structure that can be used for a wide range of applications, including filtration, screening, and separation.
Wire gauze, on the other hand, refers to a thinner, more flexible type of woven wire that is often used as a support material or filter medium. Wire gauze is typically made from a finer wire diameter, but it is still a simplified term for the same material (woven wire mesh). Gauze is often used in laboratory settings or in industrial applications where a more flexible and versatile material is needed.
Some key differences between wire mesh and wire gauze include:
- Construction: Wire mesh has a regular pattern of openings or holes, while wire gauze can have a more irregular pattern. In the case of our range however, the vast majority of our woven wire mesh is regular square pattern.
- Thickness: Wire gauze is typically thinner and more flexible than what is referred to as wire mesh.
- Strength: Conversely, wire mesh is typically stronger and more rigid than wire gauze.
How Do I Cut This Woven Mesh?
We would recommend that you cut this mesh with standard kitchen scissors. See this help video on the best way of cutting this material.
Check out our blog ‘everything that you need to know about woven filter mesh’ for more information on this product. Our goal for our blogs and help guides is to answer as many questions as possible to help to explain the possibilities of mesh to our customers.
You may also be interested in our blog about hardware cloth. This article explains the term in great detail.
We also have an ever expanding Youtube channel. We created this channel to help showcase our products, inform our customers on the wire mesh market, and use our position as a trusted authority in our industry to help all to understand exactly what metal mesh can offer.
Contact our team today if you have any questions at all. We are always really keen to help in any way that we can.